Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 12-21-2017, 08:15 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Sentinel N-Type Shuttlecraft 1:24 scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Thanks! It has a great deal of mid-mod influence with direct echos of Kubrick/2001 interior design. The pilot seats are based around a vintage office chair and the cabin seats from an Italian lounge chair from the period. Jacobsen, Eames, Miller, Frattini.
Sweet! You certainly pulled it off.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

I am more than moderately ashamed that everyone else recognized the design aesthetic and period influences in The Admiral's design work, but I only noticed that the place had a potty.

Last edited by SCI-FI; 12-21-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:31 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-22-2017, 06:30 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
I am more than moderately ashamed that everyone else recognized the design aesthetic and period influences in The Admiral's design work, but I only noticed that the place had a potty.
No worries! I am only thrilled that you took the time to participate in this forum and that says a lot! Thank you!
Old 12-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

This is getting More Gooder all the time!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 12-28-2017, 01:27 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Holiday progress on the cabin interior panels and port-side hatch frame. Apologies for the crappy photos.

The Shuttlecraft N program has been designated "Javelin"

Lighting test of the interior cabin modules using rectangular LEDs:

Old 12-28-2017, 01:38 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Fantastic work!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 12-29-2017, 01:52 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Bill sir, that is fuckin' outstanding! Clean, sharp and then some.
I do love me some good interior work and that is shaping up to be top notch stuff, loving what I'm seeing and it's not even finished yet!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 12-29-2017, 11:34 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
Bill sir, that is fuckin' outstanding! Clean, sharp and then some.
I do love me some good interior work and that is shaping up to be top notch stuff, loving what I'm seeing and it's not even finished yet!
Thanks a bunch Ian! Interior work is fun but a bit of a pain in accessibility. Hopefully, the work isn't in vain and somewhat visible once completed.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:18 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Outstanding as always, Admiral! Love seeing it going together from the ribs out.

And congrats, as I see the Sentinel is now available from Ugh Models! I went to buy one, but my account is experiencing difficulties. No matter though, as I shall get one.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 12-30-2017, 04:36 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Outstanding as always, Admiral! Love seeing it going together from the ribs out.

And congrats, as I see the Sentinel is now available from Ugh Models! I went to buy one, but my account is experiencing difficulties. No matter though, as I shall get one.
Thanks Tiberious! I think you'll like the S model, turned out pretty well. Looks like Repulse will be the next.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:10 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

That's amazing work.
Please tell me she'll have a removeable top (or similar) so we can see inside when she's done...
Old 01-03-2018, 08:13 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
That's amazing work.
Please tell me she'll have a removeable top (or similar) so we can see inside when she's done...
Sheíll be fully enclosed but with opening side hatch and aft ramp plus what can be seen through the windshield.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:56 AM
Humble Aspirant

Oo, rear ramp? Do you have a sketch of this?

On a related note: I always figured the "rear hatch" shuttle designs (like Star Trek V's Galileo) would have a hot-swappable "airlock hatch" that they would swap in for any trip that involves docking operations. Picture the captain hitting the intercom to the hangar: "Chief, rig a shuttle for docking. We can't beam across and their hangar deck is disabled..." "Aye, captain; she'll be ready for launch in about 10 minutes." The entire rear hatch is swapped for something that plugs the rear of the shuttle, but has some variation of the TMP shuttle's rear dock... Rear ramp/hatch variants would be configurable like Lego building blocks...

Best-
-SF
Old 01-06-2018, 09:15 AM
All ahead full

I have only a side render with a ghosted nacelle showing the suggested aft ramp in the open position. As I’ve not yet engineered that area, I’ll be sketching some ideas very soon. Briefly, the aft splits open similar to the Osprey V22 with a lower ramp and upper section that folds into the craft for headroom while egressing.

I’m not sure with the external geometry of the impulse and nacelle clearance if a docking hatch would be of practical application to the shuttle but certainly there is plenty of interchangeable mission packages that should slide into the craft from the ramp.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 01-08-2018 at 02:17 PM.