Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Wonderfest, Past, Present, and Future!

Old 04-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Wonderfest 2013 Roll Call

I soaked my Iwata in lacquer thinner once when I forgot to clean it, overnight...what happened to all the seals? They were there last night?
Old 04-28-2013, 01:43 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by REL View Post
I soaked my Iwata in lacquer thinner once when I forgot to clean it, overnight...what happened to all the seals? They were there last night?
Whoa....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 04-28-2013, 02:01 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I could probably shoot molten lava through my Badger 200 and not hurt it.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Whoa....
Yeah, remove those before you soak it in a harsh chemical. So, from what I'm reading, apparently it's the airbrush that doesn't like the acrylics and it's not me?
Old 04-28-2013, 02:15 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Yeah, remove those before you soak it in a harsh chemical. So, from what I'm reading, apparently it's the airbrush that doesn't like the acrylics and it's not me?
Quite possibly.

I like the Modelmaster Acryls---they're "ok". But I love, love, love Tamiya Acryls. And---if you want a "bulletproof" paint base color, mix it with Tamiya Lacquer thinner instead of the X20 thinner. That shit is rock hard after 24 hours.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 04-28-2013, 02:16 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I had heard one time that soaking Friulmodel's white metal track links in dilute nitric acid was a great way to remove the mold-release. I tried it a couple times and not only did it remove said mold-release, but it gave the surface of the parts a verrrrry finely pitted finish, which was perfect for painting, AND it darkened the bright silver metal to a light steel color.

Worked well.

Till one time I put a new set of Tiger II tracks into NON-diluted, still-CONCENTRATED nitric.

10 seconds and an orange cloud later, I realized that I fucked up.

Dark gray sludge.

Last edited by The Cat; 04-28-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:03 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Till one time I put a new set of Tiger II tracks into NON-diluted, still-CONCENTRATED nitric.

10 seconds and an orange cloud later, I realized that I fucked up.

Dark gray sludge.

Sorry about laughing, but I just have this crystal clear vision of the look on your face as that orange cloud appeared....

Last edited by Neb; 04-28-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Banned

19 days! That's the length of my wife's...monthly thing...it seems like. Oh, and when you meet her don't say I said that.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:35 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Oh, it's funny as hell - NOW

Lesson = LEARNED!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:50 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
19 days! That's the length of my wife's...monthly thing...it seems like. Oh, and when you meet her don't say I said that.
Not a word.

That shit ain't funny.

To them.....

Old 04-28-2013, 04:50 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:

Lesson = LEARNED!
I hear THAT!

Old 04-28-2013, 04:54 PM
It's gonna get real now.

You've seen in movies or TV where somebody looks into a crystal ball and sees smoke-obscured visions?

I looked into that orange cloud and saw forty $1 bills disintegrating

I still use nitric, but it's diluted as hell (maybe ~ .2 molar) and I take the tracks out when the bright silvery shine goes away.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:06 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
You've seen in movies or TV where somebody looks into a crystal ball and sees smoke-obscured visions?

I looked into that orange cloud and saw forty $1 bills disintegrating

Old 04-28-2013, 05:46 PM

G-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of light

.2 molar ?

George

And you can follow Catalyst Creations on face book:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-Creations/345458355475644
Old 04-28-2013, 05:48 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:

Lesson = LEARNED!
Update: This post had ZERO to do with REL's wife's bodily functions