Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Figures

Figures Finished figure models

Old 04-05-2021, 07:32 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/6th Biker Girl.

Whatho all!
Just finished off this lass. Done as a 'Ah why the hell not' project and I think my 1/6th Kawasaki touring motorcycle was feeling lonely...Might well be a lame excuse but good enough for me!

So a mesh mashup, printed parts and then modified as required to get what was wanted. Body, head, arms, hands and boots all 3D printed.
Shades and keys/key fob also 3D printed.
Crop top jacket and shorts done with Aves. Paintwork with Tamiya rattle can primers and base flesh.

The rest of the paint done with Vallejo acrylics, airbrush and standard bristle brush flapping about along with a smidgen of ground pastel chalks where appropriate.

With the base, the whole deal stands 12 & 3/4" tall, base is 17" X 10".

Build log on my site:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipkwakafigure.html

And finally, the link to the gallery index page on my site:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/bikergirl.html

Thread pics! Enjoy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 88.jpg (128.5 KB, 0 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 04-05-2021 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:42 PM
Ahead of the curve

Scorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of All
Default Re: 1/6th Biker Girl.

Niiiice! Outstanding job!
Old 04-06-2021, 05:40 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Fantastic!

How do you merge the portions of the two different kits to create the new pose?
Even Aves must yield to human geometry -- were the body segments that compatible?

-SF
Old 04-06-2021, 11:18 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

I thank ya Scorpius

Cheers SF!
Most of it is covered in the wip log on my site but it was a mash up of 3 different meshes which were printed and modified as required. The head off of a bust, the torso as it was but the arms needed removing after printing. The boots, arms and hands from another figure mesh.

I measured the height that the foot rest on the bike was off the deck in both the main stand and side stand. Truns out there's only a couple of millimeter difference so split that difference, the left boot sole had to be that far off the floor.

The meshes were all re-scaled by me to be as near to one another as possible in 1/6th so that took some of the grunt work out of it.

Then came the fun of sawing up and reposing the left leg on the torso part to get that height. Mucho Aves got brought in to play to fill the sizable gap but it all worked out after a fair amount of wet sanding to shape up the back of the thigh.

The tops of the boots were hollowed out to make a depression for the legs to go in rather than meeting in a flat joint, I just prefer it that way on larger figures. The arms were less of a hassle but the joints to the torso arms went through the same as the boots.
All the joints had keys worked in to them to save time later when it came to the final assembly.

The right boot was bent same as the left so that got sliced up, straightened out and filled in. The left arm was pretty much how it came off the printer, right arm also except fot the hand which needed a bit of adjustment to get it posed as close as possible to how I wanted.

Overall it was a halfway kinda deal between how the parts were done and making slight tweaks here and there to get them them fit to the pose I wanted. Or as close to it as I could get with the least amount of faffing about.

That's pretty much how it all got done, not to say there wasn't a fair amount of guess work going on all the way through but she worked out in the end.
Does that count?
Old 04-07-2021, 10:09 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

With a pedigree of 3D meshes like that behind her, I'd expect her to get a custom license plate for that bike -- "MYSTIQUE"

Absolutely awesome work--

-SF
Old 04-07-2021, 12:09 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Could have but i'll just stick with Susan, that was her name after all
Cheers mate!
Does that count?
Old 04-09-2021, 08:46 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Well done Ian!!
Old 04-09-2021, 02:42 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

I thank you Scott!
Does that count?