Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 06-05-2015, 01:49 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all
Default Re: 1/537 Scale Shangri-La

Wait. What's this (leftmost plastic bag)?

http://s52.photobucket.com/user/NCC-...ml?sort=3&o=21

Those big impulse engines look awfully familiar...
Old 06-05-2015, 02:39 PM

cireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of light

Ancient Chinese secret.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:58 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Wait. What's this (leftmost plastic bag)?

http://s52.photobucket.com/user/NCC-...ml?sort=3&o=21

Those big impulse engines look awfully familiar...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 06-05-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:02 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Final studio photography of the Shangri-La is now complete following her return from WonderFest15:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-15-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:38 AM

Dobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant future

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I would desperately want conversion parts for this kit. Are they available or where those just spares shown in the photo?

Or a kit of the whole ship in 1/1000 would be fantastic too.

Chris
Old 06-06-2015, 06:52 AM
All ahead full

Thanks Chris! Those were spare castings. Super crappy and raw forms. I did much more to them post-mold on Shang in detail, scribing, carving and other mods. I'll be working on new masters for a 1/1000 kit to be produced hopefully in the future.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:06 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Man that turned out something special to behold! Amazing detailing. Very clean too! Did you get a lot of favorable comments about it at Wonderfest?

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 06-06-2015, 02:49 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekriffic View Post
Man that turned out something special to behold! Amazing detailing. Very clean too! Did you get a lot of favorable comments about it at Wonderfest?
Thank you sir! Yes, I did - and many just like yours. I am really humbled by it.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:34 PM

Dobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Thanks Chris! Those were spare castings. Super crappy and raw forms. I did much more to them post-mold on Shang in detail, scribing, carving and other mods. I'll be working on new masters for a 1/1000 kit to be produced hopefully in the future.
Ok thanks for the info. I do so dearly hope the 1/1000 kit happens. The Shang is such an awesome design! I don't think I've ever seen such a favorable response to a kit-bash/custom as this has. A lot has to do with your amazing work and attention to detail.

Chris
Old 06-06-2015, 04:32 PM
The Ship Builder

Hagoth is on a distinguished road

Absolutely beautiful ship. I love the design and detailing. Wicked looking torpedo tubes fore and aft.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:19 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Awesome news!

I thought I was going to have to buy the Big E again! A little bummed that those parts aren't for sale and are just cast-offs.
But still, if you do this in /1000, I'll be throwing money at you like you were spinning around a stripper pole!

I'd love to have a Shang, even if she's just sitting on the Shelf of Intimidation...

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 06-06-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Awesome news!

I thought I was going to have to buy the Big E again! A little bummed that those parts aren't for sale and are just cast-offs.
But still, if you do this in /1000, I'll be throwing money at you like you were spinning around a stripper pole!

I'd love to have a Shang, even if she's just sitting on the Shelf of Intimidation...
Haha! Yeah, we'll make it RAIN! Lol!

I REALLY hope the kit happens! The Shang deserves to be loved by many.

Chris
Old 06-10-2015, 12:43 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
if you do this in /1000, I'll be throwing money at you like you were spinning around a stripper pole!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
Haha! Yeah, we'll make it RAIN! Lol!
The Shang deserves to be loved by many.
I put our two quotes together - and it doesn't sound right at all...

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 06-10-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:02 PM
All ahead full

I think I need a cigarette.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:31 PM

Hey, there's nothing wrong with loving starships....we just should "LOVE" starships. :P

Chris

Last edited by Dobber; 06-11-2015 at 06:31 PM.