Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Model Talk

Model Talk General Modeling Discussions

Old 11-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all
Default 1/32 Bridge Kits?

Based on Cat's great "Miranda bridge" build, I started contemplating the idea of a modular TVH/TUC-era bridge kit. I'm not much of a scratch-builder, so I offer the concept to the readers of this forum, to either start a discussion, or inspire someone:

1) How hard would it be to master a TVH/TUC era bridge, assuming you could make the stations modular? For example: Want one turbolift? Slot in a turbolift module. Want three turbolifts? Slot three turbolift modules in, and so on...

2) Assume a common floor/helm-nav/captain's area, and make the floors out of flat material -- laser cut styrene, etc?

3) Common resin fixtures (chairs, Helm/Nav, etc)

4) Flat but flexible material for workstation surfaces (laser cut acetate)?

5) Decals to customize the stations accordingly?

I imagine this as a companion piece to the existing TOS-era bridge, but with the ability to customize a bit. Build it like the final (TUC) bridge, or change it up to match your own ship.

Bonus concept: If you master the chairs/etc in 3D software, you can print in various scales. Post them on Shapeways and give yourself a markup...

Anyhoo, it was just an idea I was kicking around. I'd probably buy one (2 turbolifts, please).

Best-