Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Model Talk

Model Talk General Modeling Discussions

Old 02-22-2016, 02:11 PM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold
Default LumiLor - The End of LED's and Internal Lighting?

Just saw this posted over at TrekBBS. Needless to say, the implications of this new technology are astounding, although may be a little cost prohibitive right now. In a few years, however, we're going to be seeing this stuff on literally everything.

http://tdcustoms.com/lumilor-feature...ts-of-science/
http://www.lumilor.com/

I don't think it will necessarily replace fiber optics for small "windows", but for situations where someone wanted to show hull illumination like we see on the TMP refit, or impulse engines, warp coils and other large surface-area lighting, no more heat from internal bulbs or trying to figure out a spotlight angle of an LED. This stuff looks positively ground-breaking!

Last edited by 137th Gebirg; 02-22-2016 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:57 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all
Default Re: LumiLor - The End of LED's and Internal Lighting?

I hope it catches on. Probably too expensive for now, and requires a trained painter to apply, but I can't wait to see what this product looks like in 10 years.
Thanks for posting-
Old 02-24-2016, 05:54 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

I saw an Article on the Krypton Camaro with this. Very cool!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:00 AM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

based on the power requirements.... 120v ac, it appears to be a cousin to the EL strips that came and went a few years ago. I am hoping that there are more colors than just the "Tron" blue-white color available.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:05 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

I've been flirting with trying some EL from these guys:

http://thatscoolwire.com/store/categ...CategoryID=188

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 02-24-2016, 02:16 PM

TazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really nice

I don't think this will replace LEDs. It just gives us another tool. I wonder if damage to the paint exterior will case problems with how the paint performs.

TazMan2000
Old 02-24-2016, 02:45 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

found a different manufacturer's website, and based on price alone, i don't see how this could be considered a hobby level tool, let alone a replacement for anything based on EL strips or LEDs.

http://www.litcoat.com/shop

specifically this one:

http://www.litcoat.com/product/el-paint-system-4x4oz

which is their "starter" system. it also requires a competent level of airbrush painting, as one would expect.

basically, for the cost of their starter kit, i could buy about 15000 LEDs off of ebay... (yes i said fifteen thousand)

Last edited by tsenecal; 02-24-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:52 PM
My ass is itchy...

But...... but...... FedEx shipping is INCLUDED in the price!!!!

Yeah--- a tad pricey!

Old 02-24-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
But...... but...... FedEx shipping is INCLUDED in the price!!!!
from where? Saturn?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:39 PM
My ass is itchy...

Apparently!

Old 02-25-2016, 01:50 PM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold

Heh...yeah, I figured this stuff would be pretty cost-prohibitive for most folks, but like most things, prices will eventually come down to more manageable levels. Likely within the next 5-10 years.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Detail Junkie

Kylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with electroluminescent material like the EL sheets is besides needing a high voltage power source they also have a very limited life of about 80 hours.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:51 PM
God of procrastination.

Gouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud of

You could finally do proper refit lighting with it.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:21 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

It is going to take more companies to get in the game before it can become affordable and easier to use, just like very new product.

Very cool tech though