Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Model Talk

Model Talk General Modeling Discussions

Old 08-04-2015, 08:36 PM

kenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of light
Default Shep Paine

Have you heard that Shep Paine passed away? He will be truly missed.
Ken.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:52 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Shep Paine

Yes he will be.

His works were the first to show me that there could be more to modeling than sticking a model together and slapping some paint on it.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:09 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Mr Paine is who inspired me from the very moment of seeing his diorama sheets included with the Monogram kits of the early 70's. I spent more time studying those images than building the models. I still have yet to duplicate his level of detail but the challenge continues.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:28 AM

Hectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to behold

I still have a lots of Sheps works in Tamiya and Monogram Catalogues.
As well as a couple of his books.
He really was an inspiration who taught me the only limits are your imagination.
A great loss to the hobby
Old 04-01-2016, 06:30 AM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

He was terrific at his craft, and boy did he sell a TON of kits for Monogram when I was a pre-teen/teenager!
Old 04-01-2016, 04:41 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

This specific diorama was one that still has me awe struck. I probably saw this for the first time 40 years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Monogram B-24_heading.jpg (63.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 04-17-2016, 11:57 AM

Hectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to behold

There are far too many Shep Paine diorama's that are simply stunning.
I think he influenced me as much as the Film and TV modellers.
He made me realise I didn't have to settle for the contents of the kit box, I could 'with some imagination' turn it into something special.

Don't forget all the awesome diorama's he made for Tamiya in the 1970's and early 1980's.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:55 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

Made me want to do things like this:

Old 04-18-2016, 01:45 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

Wow, that's great!

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.