Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Model Talk

Model Talk General Modeling Discussions

Old 12-31-2014, 10:16 PM

Heavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond repute
Default Planned 2015 New Kit Releases

Okay, Normally our buddy Uboater starts these, but when I saw this news, I got all excited and had to share, like right goddamned now.

I had previously reported that Merit International is putting out a 1/350 CV-5 Yorktown. It is on it's way to me as I write this. Merit as I understand it has it's tooling done by the same company as trumpeter and sloppyboss (Wasan Plastics I believe it's called), but isn't run by trumpeter even though it looks like they are. Make sense?

Anyway, just got a look at a particular page from the new 2015-2016 Merit cataloge.

In 1/350,
USS Alaska CB-1
USS Guam CB-2
USS Hawaii CB-3
USS John F. Kennedy CV-67

And as awesome as those subjects will be (I'll be getting them all unless they really mess them up), this is the most important one;

USS ENTERPRISE CV-6

Wait, what's that sound? Oh Yes, I do believe that's the sound of Hell finally freezing over.

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."

Last edited by Heavy Melder; 12-31-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:12 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Planned 2015 New Kit Releases

Hmm....looking forward to the Alaska and Guam. Will be interesting if they release the Hawaii as a what if command or missile cruiser since she was never finished after launch.

Good news on the Yorktown and Enterprise. Too bad I already have them in resin along with the Wasp and Ranger. What I'd really love to see are some of the RN Carriers or more of the minor navy ships like Italian and French CA, CL and DD classes.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Last edited by lakespeed; 01-01-2015 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:37 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

CV-6 or bust baby!!!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-04-2015, 07:09 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Thanks for starting this thread HM!

Here's the (projected) list of 2015 releases from REVELL- GERMANY....

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstL...News_2015.html

Along with the (projected) 2015 releases from CYBERMODELER.....

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/...se_sched.shtml
Old 01-05-2015, 01:06 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

For the 1/24 scale fans, Airfix is re-releasing the big-ass Mosquito.

I'd love one, but I lack the real-estate to park it once it's put together!

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:29 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

RoG is offering a new 1/144 Flower Class Corvette? That will be a must have.

But more importantly.....Trumpeter is doing 1/200 Nelson AND Rodney. Oh dear gawd.......I think I just peed a little. And a 1/350 Rodney. And a Fujimi Kaga? That will be $250 but worth it. All that's left is the Soryu and you'll have the whole Pearl Harbor Carrier Force.

Looks like I'm going to have to suck up some OT this summer.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 01-06-2015, 06:53 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Dammit! Kinetic announces a 1/48 OA-4M Skyhawk......right after I get everything needed to convert a Hasegawa TA-4J kit. Arse holes!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

I've always kinda wanted to do an A-4 in Kuwaiti Air Force colors with a big old "Free Kuwait" decal on the side. We saw the KAF tow out their A-4's when I was at Al Jaber AB, Kuwait, in 1996. They'd pull out one a week, and do preventative maintenance on them, then do an engine run and tow them back to their hangar's. That's been in the back of my mind for more than 10 years....

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:25 PM

Heavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Dammit! Kinetic announces a 1/48 OA-4M Skyhawk......right after I get everything needed to convert a Hasegawa TA-4J kit. Arse holes!
Where did you see that? MOAR!

In other news, my Merit International 1:350 CV-5 Yorktown came today.

The verdict? (mine as well as others more knowledgable than I on the subject of the Yorktown) The bilge keels aren't absolutely perfect and the hull plating might be a bit overdone. That said, go buy one. Blows the old Trumpy Hornet clear out of the water. It shows that it was molded by the same people that do Trumpy/SloppyBoss kits, but certainly wasn't researched by those people.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:44 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Here, about halfway down the page:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/...ft_scale.shtml

Looks like I'm gonna be shitcanning my Trumpeter Enterprise conversion and Yorktown projects
Old 01-08-2015, 09:43 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

Never mind the Skyhawks...Trumpy is doing a Hornet, and Sea Hornet.

No, not that one...the deHavilland one!

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:24 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

I know somebody here will try to find a place in their home for this behemoth.....

A 1/72 Fletcher Class Destroyer by REVELL.

http://www.hobbypreorders.com/1-72-r...destroyer-arr/
Old 01-09-2015, 07:47 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
I know somebody here will try to find a place in their home for this behemoth.....

A 1/72 Fletcher Class Destroyer by REVELL.

http://www.hobbypreorders.com/1-72-r...destroyer-arr/

Holy crap!!!!!!

That would be a fun build, but display space would be tight.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:29 PM

Not sure man, but I think it's a ready to run type thing being RC. Could be wrong tho.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:59 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

yep, the aquacraft fletcher is a ready-to-float r/c "boat". not sure how accurate the details are, so it my be something that makes the rivet counters cringe.