Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Model Talk

Model Talk General Modeling Discussions

Old 05-14-2015, 01:32 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/48 Round2 Space: 1999 Eagle

Anybody have any info on this? I have seen a couple sites, including Hobbylinc and Tower Hobbies are taking preorders. Have our prayers finally come true? Or is this just a box of vaporware?

I'll ask the R2 rep at Wonderfest, but I doubt they will say anything.

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:46 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/48 Round2 Space: 1999 Eagle

Been scouting out any possible info on this.

My suggestion is, until R2 makes an official announcement, treat it
as a rumor/speculation.

Though personally, I'd love to have a 1/48 Eagle in plastic.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:49 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

Ditto! If it is rumor/speculation, I wonder why several sources are taking preorders? I'll just have to stand by...

Old 05-18-2015, 07:48 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Well......

I was looking around for info at HOBBYTALK, and found something interesting.

Check out post #94.

Someone actually called R2 and got confirmation.

Now...here's hoping that they don't decide to cancel the project
like they have done with others.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showth...=442273&page=7

Maybe a concentrated e-mail barrage expressing interest might help convince R2 that they'll get a sizable return on their efforts?

Or, maybe some of the RI guys going to WF 15 might be able to get confirmation from the R2 booth as well?

Just a thought.

Last edited by U-boater; 05-18-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:13 AM

WOOHOO!

Wait, there's another $100 plus going out. Dangit!

Old 06-02-2015, 06:06 PM

The big Eagle was on display at WF! I AM SOOOOOOO GEEKED FOR THIS!!!

Old 06-02-2015, 08:20 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

https://www.facebook.com/pages/EAGLE...99/46567890884
Old 06-03-2015, 01:32 AM

Ain't it cool?

Old 06-03-2015, 06:43 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

"SUBJECT TO LICENSOR APPROVAL"

Many hundreds of pictures were taken of that Eagle at Wonderfest, but very few include the sign that was right next to it. There's many a slip 'twixt a cup and a lip, and it isn't 100% certain that this kit will ever happen. That wasn't even an actual test shot of the model, but a 3D print of the files that will be used to make the molds.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post

Many hundreds of pictures were taken of that Eagle at Wonderfest, but very few include the sign that was right next to it. There's many a slip 'twixt a cup and a lip, and it isn't 100% certain that this kit will ever happen. That wasn't even an actual test shot of the model, but a 3D print of the files that will be used to make the molds.

Sorry guys, but The Cat's got a valid point here.

Round 2 has been known to make announcements, only to cancel the proposed kits before release.

Though I'd venture to say that if R2 drops the ball on producing the Eagle,their name won't be "Mudd"....

It'll be "SHIT"!
Old 06-03-2015, 04:21 PM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I interpreted that sign to mean the design details could change based on licensing approval.

Also, they were actively telling people where to pre-order it. Usually that's not possible if it's still not a certain thing.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Eagle Pilot

SciFiTodd is on a distinguished road

Yes, our prayers have been answered! Since we can't post photo's here take a look at FaceBook on the RI group and I have posted all kinds of pictures of the prototype! It's out of this world!

www.scifitodd.com
Old 06-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post

It is a sure thing as I was with Round2 the whole weekend! Jamie Hood has said it will happen and test shots are already in the works to be sent out! So pre-order yours or get left behind, four companies are already taking pre-orders including Culttvman!

www.scifitodd.com
Old 06-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I interpreted that sign to mean the design details could change based on licensing approval.

Also, they were actively telling people where to pre-order it. Usually that's not possible if it's still not a certain thing.
Yes, finally someone who understands! That sign meant that exactly, changes could and will happen, we found a few errors at WF! All that sign is for was this is not the final kit, some things will change before production begins!

www.scifitodd.com

Last edited by SciFiTodd; 06-07-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:15 AM
Eagle Pilot

Here are the distributers taking pre-orders at this time. If you see one that I don't have let me know and we will add it to the list!

USA Distributers

1. Hobbylinc
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/mpc/mpcmpc825-06.htm

2. Tower Hobbies
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFFSZ&P=7

3. Culttvman
http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Space19...ON_p_3181.html

4. Mega Hobby
http://www.megahobby.com/22inchspace...portermpc.aspx[/quote]

INTERNATIONAL

5. Timeless hobbies has the 1/48 eagle transporter pre-sale up now.
http://www.timeless-hobbies.com/stor...th_Scale..html

www.scifitodd.com

Last edited by SciFiTodd; 06-11-2015 at 12:13 PM.