Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Model Talk

Model Talk General Modeling Discussions

Old 12-02-2015, 03:39 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God
Cool Planned 2016 New Kit Releases

Hello guys.

2015 isn't over yet, and already reports of the (planned) kit releases are surfacing. First up, Trumpeter/Hobby Boss offers a few catalog shots...

https://www.facebook.com/TrumpeterMo...=photos_stream
Old 12-02-2015, 03:52 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Planned 2016 New Kit Releases

Reports coming in from Cybermodeler.com....

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/...se_sched.shtml
Old 12-02-2015, 04:37 AM

Heavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah in 1/350 ships from trumpy, apparently, 1/350 Graf Zeppelin and Peter Strasser, Nelson and Rodney, German heavy cruiser Blucher, French battleships Dunkerque and Strassbourg, Italian heavy cruisers Zara, Fiume and Gorizia and lastly USS Ranger CV-4 in both her '42 and '44 fits.

Now when it comes to WW2 stuff I stick to Pacific War and pretty much anything and everything post war. But Italian ships were so damn pretty....

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."
Old 12-02-2015, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Melder View Post
Yeah in 1/350 ships from trumpy, apparently, 1/350 Graf Zeppelin and Peter Strasser, Nelson and Rodney, German heavy cruiser Blucher, French battleships Dunkerque and Strassbourg, Italian heavy cruisers Zara, Fiume and Gorizia and lastly USS Ranger CV-4 in both her '42 and '44 fits.

Now when it comes to WW2 stuff I stick to Pacific War and pretty much anything and everything post war. But Italian ships were so damn pretty....
I thought those might get your attention.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:38 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

Okay, time for some of y'all to build an addition: A 1/48 Type VIIC U-Boat!

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Darth Beavis View Post
Okay, time for some of y'all to build an addition: A 1/48 Type VIIC U-Boat!
TRUMPETER states that it will have a full interior too. But I'm willing to bet,
the price will be ridiculously high. I'm hoping they will do a cheaper version, without the interior.

DRAGON MODELS has announced that it has acquired a license for Star Wars...

https://www.facebook.com/dragonmodels
Old 12-03-2015, 06:33 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
[...]

DRAGON MODELS has announced that it has acquired a license for Star Wars...

https://www.facebook.com/dragonmodels
wut?

Here, I've been waiting for Bandai's 2016 list... and now we've added a new licensee?
Old 12-03-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
wut?

Here, I've been waiting for Bandai's 2016 list... and now we've added a new licensee?
The question is, will they be doing figures, vehicles, or (maybe) both?
Old 12-03-2015, 12:13 PM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
The question is, will they be doing figures, vehicles, or (maybe) both?
Or just re-packaging some other vendor's kits?
Old 12-03-2015, 02:48 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

the same Dragon facebook page has a teaser for their "newest 1/35 armor"... apparently showing a closeup of an AT-AT:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4b&oe=56EBEE50

Last edited by tsenecal; 12-03-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:52 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Bravo, to both of you!

Zysurge: It hadn't occurred to me, that Dragon might consider doing that.

Tsenecal: Helluva set of eyes you've got. Being able to identify that piece of machinery, just from that single photo.

U-boater... the recognition was almost instant. r2, snowspeeder & AT-AT are my all-time favs.

if this is real (regardless of its scale) and its ACCURATE it will definitely find its way to my workbench

Last edited by tsenecal; 12-03-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsenecal View Post
U-boater... the recognition was almost instant. r2, snowspeeder & AT-AT are my all-time favs.

if this is real (regardless of its scale) and its ACCURATE it will definitely find its way to my workbench
From what I've gathered, it would be (around) 2 feet tall. A nice size.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
From what I've gathered, it would be (around) 2 feet tall. A nice size.
Put a saddle on it and ride it around, yee-haw!
Old 12-03-2015, 05:59 PM

A minor posting from HASEGAWA ....

http://www.hasegawausa.com/coming-soon.html
Old 12-03-2015, 06:43 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I'm down for the Shimakaze, and although it ain't in any of my favorite scales, the Shinano. It'll be fun to kitbash it into Yonaga.