Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Model Talk

Model Talk General Modeling Discussions

Old 12-04-2015, 03:35 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Planned 2016 New Kit Releases

First major intel intercept, and 2015 isn't even over yet.

I present the entire 2016-2017 TRUMPETER catalog, for your enjoyment.

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2015...-lets-see.html
Old 12-04-2015, 03:55 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

USS Pittsburgh in 1/350? Count me in!
Old 12-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

A lot of stuff but it looks like most of it will be reboxing the same kit as a different ship in the class. Hoping that they do it right.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

1/350 Baltimore?
Has such a thing ever been done before (in styrene)?
Old 12-05-2015, 02:16 PM

Heavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond repute

gah crap double post...

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."

Last edited by Heavy Melder; 12-05-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:21 PM

Heavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
1/350 Baltimore?
Has such a thing ever been done before (in styrene)?
Nope, not ever. I'm really hoping that they don't screw up anything major on the Baltimore class or on Ranger. Of course this is Trumpeter and I had hoped that they wouldn't screw up anything major on the New York and Texas which of course they did.

Hey Uboater I see your full Trumpy catalog and raise you the full Sloppyboss catalog....
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4193056672

In 1/48 aircraft things that are interesting to me, Su-34, IAR-80, Su-17 family, and a Mig-31 family. The Mig-31 is only interesting in that the AMK one is coming out this month and looks to be in the running for the greatest 1/48 kit ever made ever award, and Sloppyboss' version will either be rushed to market therefore poorly researched, engineered and manufactured, OR just be a very okay copy of the AMK kit.

Last edited by Heavy Melder; 12-05-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:41 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Great find Aaron!

FREE TIME HOBBIES listed their 2016 preorders. Not only models, but all manner of goodies.

http://freetimehobbies.com/searchres...rch_return=all
Old 12-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Melder View Post
Nope, not ever. I'm really hoping that they don't screw up anything major on the Baltimore class or on Ranger. Of course this is Trumpeter and I had hoped that they wouldn't screw up anything major on the New York and Texas which of course they did. [...]
I couldn't decipher the Japanese. Any idea when that 1/350 Baltimore class may be out...?
Old 12-07-2015, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
I couldn't decipher the Japanese. Any idea when that 1/350 Baltimore class may be out...?
In theory, next year sometime. In reality could be years.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:18 AM

BRONCO MODELS 1/144 Protected Cruiser Chih Yuen....

http://www.modelshipwrights.com/modu...edium=facebook

Personally, I love these old ships, that had a bow that was designed for ramming.

Last edited by U-boater; 12-07-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:31 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Lots of interesting stuff. A few 1/350 kits I might get; I already have most of them in resin already. Never thought I'd see a 1/350 Ranger in plastic.

Anyways I think the Trumpeter 1/35 EKA-3B for $69.95 is some sort of error.

His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 12-08-2015, 05:35 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespeed View Post
Anyways I think the Trumpeter 1/35 EKA-3B for $69.95 is some sort of error.

It is, that's a 48th scale kit.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:33 AM
Oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
It is, that's a 48th scale kit.
Well that makes sense then. Gotta be a huge kit.

His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:38 PM

A few releases for the first quarter of '16 from REVELL/GERMANY....

http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blo...tal-2016/2015/
Old 12-09-2015, 05:51 AM

Here's the latest list of (planned) releases from CYBERMODELER, with "Catalog" designations. Which basically means that, the subjects are mentioned in that company's catalog.

So....it may (or may not) be released in 2016.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/...se_sched.shtml