Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Model Talk

Model Talk General Modeling Discussions

Old 04-09-2016, 05:21 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future
Default Hasbro's electronic Blockade Runner

Greetings All,

Has anyone ever bothered to accurise Hasbro's Blockade Runner, the Tantive lV electronic toy? I have one that was given to me by one of their art directors a while ago.

Is it even worth it?

Thanks for any input!
Old 04-12-2016, 07:32 AM

Joseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to all
Default Re: Hasbro's electronic Blockade Runner

I'd scored one of these back when the local KayBee Toys had a big clearance sale with the same intentions, Scott.

While the overall size of the toy is nice, and the electronics were cool for the time... my reluctant conclusion was it would be a better use of my time to scratchbuild my own model of the ship rather than waste my time trying to fix the toy. Just so many little things are "slightly off" for the whole toy, and when you really take a hard look at the engine cluster - ugh.

Hope that helps!
Old 04-14-2016, 06:59 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hasbro's electronic Blockade Runner

OK, thanks Joe.

I sorta had that feeling. Oh well....