Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models All other types of model

Old 11-22-2013, 09:08 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/16 Kenworth similar to Movin' On

This is a Christmas build for my stepdad. He's a big fan of the show and he's been involved with trucking his whole life.

My mom called me a couple weeks ago concerning Chrsimas gifts and after a trip to Hobbytown, this project happened.

The kit. It adequately represents the truck as it appeared later in the series. I'm sure people familiar with the real truck would be able to provide a laundry list of differences between the real truck and this kit, but this is close enough as-is.

My Project Manager inspecting the cab:

My first priority was to find decals, which I did at modeltruckin.com. Ordered them up and they should be on their way.

Second priority was to find the right Green and get the body parts painted. Tamiya British Green lacquer looks close:

Cab and sleeper on the unpainted frame:

This is a fun build!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg intro.jpg (19.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by The Cat; 12-25-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:35 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/16 Kenworth from Movin' On

Gotta love Lacquer, eh?!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:48 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Yes I do. Dearly and purely.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:56 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 11-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

I'll enjoy seeing this one! Keep the updates flowing.

Rob.

PS. Dave, check this out if you haven't seen it yet. http://www.tenfourmagazine.com/PerfZone/2007/5.html

Last edited by Eagle-1; 11-22-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:30 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-1 View Post
I'll enjoy seeing this one! Keep the updates flowing.

Rob.

PS. Dave, check this out if you haven't seen it yet. http://www.tenfourmagazine.com/PerfZone/2007/5.html
Very cool.

I built 5 or 6 of those old AMT kits back in the 70's. Started with the GMC "Astro 95". My Dad drove truck for 25 years, and the Astro was his favorite.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:33 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Well here she is, finished!

A Movin' On-LIKE truck. As it turns out, I got fucked over by not one, but TWO different decal people on this deal. Hence, no decals on the truck. The markings on the side are inaccurate, no license plates, and there are no names under the windows. Maybe my 'customer' will be satisfied, maybe not. Truck turned out OK, but it isn't correct.

Oh well, on to the next project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG3610.jpg (150.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3611.jpg (139.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3612.jpg (139.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3613.jpg (151.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3614.jpg (141.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3615.jpg (132.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-25-2013, 08:13 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1/16 Kenworth similar to Movin' On

Nice clean build. I have my 'movin' on' truck built and in storage. I was thinking of pulling it out and making it a post apocalyptic truck.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:19 PM
My ass is itchy...

Old 01-21-2014, 12:35 AM

Cruzinbill is a jewel in the roughCruzinbill is a jewel in the roughCruzinbill is a jewel in the roughCruzinbill is a jewel in the roughCruzinbill is a jewel in the roughCruzinbill is a jewel in the rough

Nice kit, Wish I could find it in 1/24. Also.... I find the box kind of silly. It says "molded in colors" Looks molded in white.... I guess that's A color.
Last Completed:
69 Camaro Z28- Just a box stock build
Moebius Viper MK II build v1.0

On the bench:
Moebius Cylon Raider build v1.0- gonna test some things out like I did with the Viper before moving on to the real build

About to start on:
Revell 69 Dodge Charger- Prolly gonna have some fun with it since the kit got damaged.

Kits I'm trying to get soon:
AMT StarWars Snow Speeder
StarWars Slave 1