Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Traditional Artwork

Traditional Artwork Paintings, murals, and the like - find them here

Old 01-27-2014, 05:09 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default filigree metalwork

lil something Ive started doing...using copper for now, but I plan to use silver and gold wire later, as well as to add small stones ect depending on the item Im making. these will be for sale at various shows I attend...but Im open for orders as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3419.JPG (1.16 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3422.JPG (2.84 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3420.JPG (1.47 MB, 10 views)
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 01-27-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:17 AM

Hatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: filigree metalwork

I have a suggestion that will suit you very well with this. Get a pickle such as Sparex or similar. I use a crockpot on low that I picked up on clearance to keep the pickle warm (works better warm). It will clean your metal and remove fire scale.

my personal solder of choice is Staybright along with the liquid flux they sell.

word of caution, non ferrous metals only in the pickle and best to keep brass/copper separate from art metal. once your pickle gets broken in, you can use it to plate your solder joints to match the wire.

You will need copper or plastic tweezers to fish your metal out. no iron/steel in the pickle.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:14 AM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

thx for the info...Ive been rereading about the pickles, as I havent worked with them since doing bronze foundry work in college. I dont think Ill use them too much on this, since copper is a practice or trim metal, Im planning to use silver wires for the production stuff. the copper is fun tho, and if someone asked for it Ill use it. I still need to track down a jewlery supply cataloge...
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-28-2014, 08:43 AM

Hatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the roughHatewall is a jewel in the rough

Grobet has a beautuful catalog with top quality. Contenti has a good one as well.

Just For Fun in Atlanta can get anything. On Ebay, I have used Finding King a lot.

Good luck with it. It's great to see different skills being used.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:24 PM
Digital Painter

tagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of All

Those are very cool!