Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Anime

Anime Finished Anime

Old 05-20-2010, 08:31 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default M61 Semovente "al dente"

Hey guys---here's my Wonderfest entry for this year. I basically grafted a scratched hull extension onto Bandai's Semovente tank and mounted a mine plow taken from Trumpeters' new 5 in 1 kit. A similiar build can be found over at Finn Hobby. (where I got the idea!) Anyhow, it's the most fun I've ever had building a model, and should it ever be re-issued I recommend EVERBODY should buy one and just go nuts with it!

By the way, I call the plow a "body disbursal unit." I mean-----who wants to drive over dead bloody Gundams.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bowshot.JPG (689.7 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg bduplow.JPG (706.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 34turret.JPG (704.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg rear.JPG (725.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg rtside.JPG (696.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg side.JPG (594.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg turret.JPG (732.9 KB, 38 views)

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:46 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All
Default Re: M61 Semovente "al dente"

Brilliant. Love this kit.

A job well done.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:43 AM
God of procrastination.

Gouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud of

Love it. Is the weathering all Tamiya pastel?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:04 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouf View Post
Love it. Is the weathering all Tamiya pastel?
Tamiya pastel, Oil wash, Mig Pigments, Faber-Castel Chrome Silver pencil, and air-brush.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 05-23-2010, 05:42 AM

Heavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond repute

That is beautiful work. Wish I could have seen it in person.
What are the colours (and brand of paint) in the camo?
I have one of those Miyazaki tanks I want to go nuts with.....

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."
Old 05-23-2010, 09:05 AM
My ass is itchy...

Thanks. The color is a little deceiving----it was hard to get good pics in there. I have a new Macro lens and flash coming next week and I'll be able to get more realistic pics.

Base color is Tamiya Grey Blue (very dark). The camo colors are Testors Acryl Camo Grey, and Medium Green Acryl. In person, she's not as intense----waaaay more subdued. The lighter color over the base color was done with Tamiya weathering pastel (grey).

I imagined what it would look like if it was in a world that had Volcanoes spewing ash, raining all the time----very hostile. For whatever reason, any rust I added seems very harsh in the pics as well-----it's quite balanced though and very real. I'll try to sort that out when I take pics at home in a controlled environment.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:15 PM
God of procrastination.

Gouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud ofGouf has much to be proud of

It's gorgeous. I SO need weathering lessons from you.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:06 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouf View Post
It's gorgeous. I SO need weathering lessons from you.
You gotta great eye Duncan, so you're already half way there!

Thanks!

Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

SWEET! I still don't understand what this Gundam thing is, but that is nice work George. Damn thing looks real! Please do share your weathering tips with us lesser mortals.

Mike
Old 05-25-2010, 06:04 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
SWEET! I still don't understand what this Gundam thing is, but that is nice work George. Damn thing looks real! Please do share your weathering tips with us lesser mortals.

Mike
All my friends wanted me to come over to the "dark side" and build a Gundam, and this one was so cool I couldn't pass it up. Plus, I know absolutely NOTHING about the Gundam world so it was perfect for me as my ass wouldn't get tight worrying about "canon".

The beauty of this kit was it was mostly snap together. (even though I glued it up). This let me paint all the sub assemblies separately. After the base color and splinter colors were airbrushed, I disassembled everything. I wanted a worn finish through the dark grey paint----the hull and turret are full of very sharp angles and I knew from climbing around some of turbine compressors at work the paint always wore off at those angles----and were usually "buffed" shiny.
At first, I thought about doing a silver base color, doing the hairspray thing, then go with the dark grey and "brush" off the edges. But I knew I wouldn't have the fine control I wanted.

Turns out I was overthinking it---so instead I broke out my trusty Faber-castel chrome/silver pencil. Holding the pencil as if I was going to shade something, I hit every sharp angle that I thought a foot would land. It went a long way to bring that beast alive, but still needed more.

What few of these "anime" episodes I've seen (thanks Erin!), it's always stuck with me how gloomy and dismal the scenes were----it's bad enough they all run around blowing each other into tiny bits but hell, the Sun's not even out!

So I thought---not only is it raining, there's volcanic ash coming out of the sky too! So....out with the Tamiya pastels. (grey) Basically, you apply it in light strokes: front to rear topside, and top to bottom vertically. If it seems to heavy, blend it or buff some off with a Q-tip.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:39 PM
My ass is itchy...

Sorry---had to drop the kids off at the pool....

I did some post shading on the splinter scheme----I lightened the Medium Green with some white and ever so lightly airbrushed the green areas. For the camo grey, I very lightly applied some light blue Tamiya pastel and buffed it down.

The most fun was the rust----I used Mig pigment "Standard Rust" on the hull. Picked out some areas where it might collect, and used a 10/0 brush to apply it. Then I set it using Mig pigment fixer. I imagined a very "alien surface" (my base), that kicked up a red dust and applied Mig "Light Rust" on the bogeys, under the side skirts, and slightly up the side. I thought it gave a nice contrast to the paint scheme and added a little interest.

Tank treads were Tamiya Steel, a black wash, and then weathered with Mig Standard Rust.

The beauty of the Tamiya pastels is that if you've gone too far, or don't like the outcome take some rubbing alcohol and take it off. With the Mig Pigments though, once they're fixed you're pretty much commited so take your time.

Last edited by Neb; 05-25-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:15 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Very nice work there, beautiful paintings!

B
Old 06-04-2010, 02:30 PM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute

Its almost as beautiful in pictures as it was on the table, George. Appreciate your
going into detail on the finishing, too-I still have a loooong way to go in that
department...