Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 02-14-2018, 07:31 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sentinel N-Type Shuttlecraft 1:24 scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
I know you do mostly TOS, but is the Endurance from the same era? That's almost Sovereign class size, which would be a massive ship for that age.

Oh, and I love how your fleet is growing!
I think this is the big challenge with this Endurance project in breaking some barriers in a larger ship class in a TOS to TMP era. Certainly, the trend to larger ship sizes gradually increases in later years but thatís only based on the few ships weíve seen, namely the Enterprise. My simple idea with an expedition cruiser is a vessel equipped with enough personnel, facilities and support craft to survey, explore and establish a foothold on newly discovered planets. As the orbital space station, I believe itís size is necessary for such missions in a class unseen before. Making it fit the era aesthetic is whatís exciting for me.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:20 AM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
It has to fit in my car first.
Sounds familiar - I'll have to squeeze mine into a 80 x 50 x 30 cm hardshell suitcase... along with my clothing

Last edited by Jim NCC1701A; 02-15-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:29 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
I think this is the big challenge with this Endurance project in breaking some barriers in a larger ship class in a TOS to TMP era. Certainly, the trend to larger ship sizes gradually increases in later years but thatís only based on the few ships weíve seen, namely the Enterprise. My simple idea with an expedition cruiser is a vessel equipped with enough personnel, facilities and support craft to survey, explore and establish a foothold on newly discovered planets. As the orbital space station, I believe itís size is necessary for such missions in a class unseen before. Making it fit the era aesthetic is whatís exciting for me.
Well then, modeller excite thyself!

I'm buying a bucket of popcorn.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 02-15-2018 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:25 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

*steals some of Tiberious's popcorn*
A behemoth this close to the TMP-era suggests to me many more refit-Enterprise design cues than previously seen. Also, the next chronological (canon) behemoth would be the Excelsior herself, so it wouldn't surprise me if Endurance had some "proto-Excelsior" design elements, as I'd expect Starfleet to lift some of Endurance's tech for their Great Experiment, in development just a stone's throw away, over in Spacedock...

Ok. I'll hush now.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:10 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

There is much coolness here!!
Old 02-19-2018, 07:31 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by srspicer View Post
There is much coolness here!!
Thanks for lookin'!

Weekend update: Cockpit painting and lighting. 3mm diffused flattop LEDs used as display backlighting. 2mm lighthouse LEDs are used for the .75mm fiber optics. Unlikely the front dash panels will be seen, except possibly from the aft ramp, but I'll know it's there. I'm not that thrilled with the transparencies but this was the best the laser printer would do on the clear acetate. Ideally, a full color film slide would be preferable but who the hell does that anymore?

Old 02-19-2018, 08:56 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

OhMyGosh that's off the chain, just phenomenal.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:04 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

So seriously outfuckin'standing Bill!!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 02-19-2018, 11:43 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-19-2018, 08:59 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Superb!!!
Old 02-21-2018, 06:41 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

It's almost a shame to think about boxing that up! Outstanding.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 03-02-2018, 09:24 AM
All ahead full

Thank you all for following the project!

Cockpit interior component progress continues, including the vast amount of lighting/wiring that had to happen first as the dashboard and deck assembly are finally glued into position. Next, the cockpit will be permanently join the main cabin hull as that interior goes together and wired. I can't wait to begin the overall body work and impulse module.

A three-rectangle LED light bar "headlight" was constructed and recessed into a slot on the nose:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 03-02-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Humble Aspirant

I sense a lot of 2001 in the cockpit periphery (white "padding" and side consoles look like they were boosted from a Pan Am clipper).

I love the results of the "cheek" sheets- looks like those went on easily? That "rib-and-plank" approach is what I hope to emulate in an upcoming build...

How long is she again?

Inspiring work, as always-
-SF
Old 03-02-2018, 01:04 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
I sense a lot of 2001 in the cockpit periphery (white "padding" and side consoles look like they were boosted from a Pan Am clipper).

I love the results of the "cheek" sheets- looks like those went on easily? That "rib-and-plank" approach is what I hope to emulate in an upcoming build...

How long is she again?

Inspiring work, as always-
-SF
You should sense it. I stole many ideas from 2001 spacecraft interior details, the Clipper, Aries, Discovery and Moonbus. The Clipper and Aries cockpits, incidentally were the same set, only redressed.

Javelin is about 22" long.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:46 PM
All ahead full

The cockpit and cabin have been permanently joined together and the exterior hull skinning has begun. Also, the side hatch hinge plans have been scrapped in favor of a two-position magnet mounting system. One set of magnets are mounted along the top and bottom edge of the door frame for an "open" hatch and another positioned inside the door jambs to hold the split doors closed. The doors themselves will be loose with embedded magnets.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 03-08-2018 at 11:07 AM.