Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Model Talk

Model Talk General Modeling Discussions

Old 02-03-2016, 11:46 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/32 Flying Sub - let's talk options!

I missed out on the earlier run but finally got my hands on the new reissue. It'll be a while before I get around to building it but I'm interested in knowing what options there are for upgrades.

So - what's out there? What do you recommend as far as lighting goes?
Old 02-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Dweeb in residence

rpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1/32 Flying Sub - let's talk options!

Paragrafix has a nice PE set for it.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:20 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

I've used the Paragrafix PE set on a build and it's a top notch bit of kit so I'd happily recommend that.

Can't speak to lighting upgrades/kits, used my own set up on both the ones I've done.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 02-03-2016, 01:25 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
Can't speak to lighting upgrades/kits, used my own set up on both the ones I've done.
Hm - Ian, I was wondering about that. What did you do?
Old 02-03-2016, 01:33 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

A mixture of LEDs lit static for most of the controls except for the core lighting which was a Velleman LED scrolling sign kit somewhat reworked for the purpose.

The first one had NiCad packs I made up as it was to be fully self contained model, the second was an external power supply job.

That's the short version.

The long version is on my build logs:
First one and the lighting deal starts on page 6,
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipflyingsub.html

Second one and that's the one that the Paragrafix set got used on,
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipfs1.html

Have a plough through old friend.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 02-03-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:49 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

That build was ridiculous Ian! (big shocker there!)

Mine is STILL sitting here. I would say that Ian's build is the end-all for how to do it Dave. Great stuff!

I believe the biggest hurdle with this kit is getting that giant exterior painted flawlessly.

My solution will be surface prep for about 6 months every day and then spray Lacquer in a vacuum!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-04-2016, 10:30 AM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

I have yet to see anyone build one with this set of optional parts:

https://www.hlj.com/product/PLZMOE1006
Old 02-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Dweeb in residence

rpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant future

Also, Just An Illusion has a lighting kit that nicely incorporates EL sheet for a fair price...