Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Anime

Anime Anime WIPs

Old 05-01-2009, 01:48 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute
Default New project. PK424 "Bussard" Ma.K vessel(Kind of...). ***EXTREMELY IMAGE HEAVY***

Hey guys.
This is a piece i have been working on for a couple of weeks now.
It's my own take on an SDR rival for the Mercenary Falke.
I am green in the ways of Ma.K, and i accept i may be "wide of the mark".
Here is the progress so far(It will eventually have two booms, but in some later pics, there is only one boom shown, as the second one in being cast right now). Also, the engine nozzles in the WIP images are pretty much ALL placeholder items. I will be going with something similar to the last images, but scratched myself rather than kitbashed.
Feedback is appreciated:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0016.jpg (113.1 KB, 2 views)
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 05-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: New project. PK424 "Bussard" Ma.K vessel(Kind of...). ***EXTREMELY IMAGE HEAVY***

I like it Bar!! I was gonna mention that the Falke did use the Yakult bottle but i see in the pics that you already know of it! Do you have any cast parts of the exhaust nozzels from the F-302? they might look good on the back end?
very Ma.kish indeed old friend great job!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: New project. PK424 "Bussard" Ma.K vessel(Kind of...). ***EXTREMELY IMAGE HEAVY***

Wow, I love the progress shots. Excellent work. At first I was thinking Cloud Car style, then clone wars style, then I was thinking where is this baby going! Then I went back up top and read what you actually posted! Very cool. One minor issue I have though - you actually drink that stuff?? (Yakult! )
Old 05-02-2009, 02:43 AM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis View Post
I like it Bar!! I was gonna mention that the Falke did use the Yakult bottle but i see in the pics that you already know of it! Do you have any cast parts of the exhaust nozzels from the F-302? they might look good on the back end?
very Ma.kish indeed old friend great job!
I never thought of using the 302 end cans!!! But those are for a very different master, so i will just scratch new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Wow, I love the progress shots. Excellent work. At first I was thinking Cloud Car style, then clone wars style, then I was thinking where is this baby going! Then I went back up top and read what you actually posted! Very cool. One minor issue I have though - you actually drink that stuff?? (Yakult! )
I do.
It's not as bad as you think, and it's fairly good for you. Allegedly... I just drink it to get Ma.K engines...
And as for Cloud-Car style, i DO still have the original mold for the cockpit hull...
I am sure with enough elbow grease, you could turn a couple of hulls into something cool!

And thanks for the comments guys.
I appreciate it!
Now, here's another idea i had a couple of days back. I call it a "ChairGun".
It's a deployable preimeter defense unit for temporary encampments. Equipped with AG units and large ammo drums, they can fend off infantry encroachments.
Enjoy!

Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
Old 05-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

What you need since it is a strahl contraption, is the antigrav unit from a neuspotter!
Mount it on the back with the small rocket engines.
the antigrav came from the MPC AMT AT-AT neck, and the small rocket engines came from the Airfix Sat V.
Other than that, its COOL! Your builds are always cool Barry.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis View Post
What you need since it is a strahl contraption, is the antigrav unit from a neuspotter!
Mount it on the back with the small rocket engines.
the antigrav came from the MPC AMT AT-AT neck, and the small rocket engines came from the Airfix Sat V.
Other than that, its COOL! Your builds are always cool Barry.

Thanks for the advice Jerry.
I am producing this as a base kit so the builder can make their own mods(AG, wings, guns, etc), so i won't be putting AG units on it.
Some people add ping pong balls or At-At necks and call it Ma.K. I don't want to go too far down that road myself...
But keep the good ideas coming!
Bar.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:06 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Turning out fantastic. Very cool.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:46 PM

Thanks dude.
I'll be working on it tomorrow at work, and hope to get all the surfaces finished and get a start on the panel delineation.
I am going to use Jammydog microtape and primer for the panel gaps.
More progress later!
In the meantime, i started on the final version of the "ChairGun".
The official name(And a big shout out to my good friend Andrew C for his help in this), is:

Sf. Wespe Schwebegeschütz
(English translation: Pv Wasp Hovergun)
Full name without abbreviations: Spähfahrzeug Wespe Schwebegeschütz
(English translation of full name: Patrolvehicle Wasp Hovergun)
Breakdown of the meaning:
Sf. = Spähfahrzeug (Späh=patrol or lookout, Fahrzeug=vehicle)
Wespe = Wasp
Schwebegeschütz = Schwebe=hover, geschütz=cannon, gun, ordnance)
Very short alternate version: Sf. Wespe (Sg)
(All of the above applies to this too, except in this case Sg = Schwebegeschütz)

Here are the pics of what i did yesterday:

Old 05-08-2009, 04:54 PM

Hey guys!
Sorry about the lack of pics. I HAVE been working on the Bussard, just not taking pics.
I went at the top and bottom hulls with a pencil and a ruler to make the panel lines. I went through FOUR seperate sets of angular cross-hatched designs before i realised i DIDN'T WANT this ship to have angular panels!!! I went to all the trouble of adding asymmetry to the lines of the hull, so i did EXACTLY that to the panel lines.
So, i used Jammydog microtape to mask off the panel lines i decided on. I FULLY appreciate it won't be to everyone's taste. The final look owes a lot to the current Spiderman suit web designs i suppose...
For good or bad, the panels have been delineated, and about ten coats of filler primer have been added over the lines.
For what it's worth, i really like it(And i like the raised lines as they are right now, even though the tape WILL be removed and rivets added before mold-making commences, which should be this week coming). Comments welcomed. Even though it can't be changed at this stage!
Not pictured, i permanently attached the cockpit tub to the bottom of the hull. This will be cast with the hull, and only the seat will be seperate. As the upper hull will have a layer of plasticene added to the mold so it can be semi-hollow, there will be cockpit sides that will have to wait till after i get a skin casting of the upper hull done.
I also made a mockup of a front wheel and gear leg(With a gear bay door, even though i am not sure if i will make a seperate door...). Opinions welcomed on that too(Would anyone be interested in this "gear-down" i wonder? Who can say?).
All the pics are in the gallery at the bottom of the page as usual, but here are the images of the work this week:

Old 05-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Very cool Bar!!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

THis is REALLY KEWL Barry! Are there any updates?

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 09-25-2009, 02:54 PM

Updates???
I suppose.
Where were we?

Old 09-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

:eek my eye!!! Those rivets!! Going mad yet? Cool progress shots!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
:eek my eye!!! Those rivets!! Going mad yet? Cool progress shots!!!

Yeah...
the rivets haven't found a lot of fans...
Old 09-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Barry..... duuuuuuuuuuude!

So.... THESE beauties are through YOU then? I would love to post this beastie in the Gallery under your area.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox