Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Anime

Anime Finished Anime

Old 05-05-2009, 01:41 AM
Sheba's ManWhore

KrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud of
Default Scratchbuilt 1/20 Archelon (Maschinen Krieger)

I've scratchbuilt this Archelon (thought the MK kit was a bit pricy) using a Nitto AFS and a ton of MoriMori . The kit is brushpainted with Vallejo Air paints. Usually I airbrush, but I've found a brushtechnique using a wetpalette, which results in a paint-surface that (I think) is so much more Ma.K.-ish that airbrush .. nice'n'battered.

Here's some pics:

More pictures here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_17_02_09_8_30_33_0.jpg (107.8 KB, 4 views)

By popular demand...
Old 05-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Running Ban

k-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scratchbuilt 1/20 Archelon (Maschinen Krieger)

Great job!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:18 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

How about explaining that technique? Sounds useful!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Insert clever line here

Kremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud of

Niels, you're right, that's a very "Sensei" paint job. Nice work.

Archelon is an easy conversion to do and the best-looking Mk II suit variant. Love it.

In-universe, it's a prototype that didn't go into full production. I hope they change that some time soon.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Sheba's ManWhore

KrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud ofKrokoHunter has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
How about explaining that technique? Sounds useful!
Sure will ... I'm working on a tutorial on the subject for a danish modeling forum I'm admin at .... so once I've taken pictures for it, I'll also post them here, or at my blog

By popular demand...
Old 05-20-2009, 09:54 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

I'd LOVE to see the whole buildup!

Until then I'll simply ADMIRE your wonderful results!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Sheba's ManWhore

Hey Duckie

You can see the intial project here, from a 12hour building session (didn't finish the model in time though)

http://maschinenkrueger.com/forum/in...p?topic=1443.0

and the last parts of the painting and weathering process here

http://krokohunter.wordpress.com/cat...eger/archelon/

I've still not documented the entire painting process .. I'll do it with the next build .....

I'm finishing another Ma.K build these days .. Hope to have pics of the final kit up during the weekend ..

And thanks for the kind word to all of you!

By popular demand...
Old 05-21-2009, 08:02 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

^^^^

Thanks for those links!

Also being new to Ma.K I've wanted an Archelon and now I can see how you MADE one!

Thanks!

And KUDOS again!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Sheba's ManWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
^^^^

Thanks for those links!

Also being new to Ma.K I've wanted an Archelon and now I can see how you MADE one!

Thanks!

And KUDOS again!

Hey Duckie

You can get an Archelon from ModelKasten, but it's pretty pricy .... Also it was a pretty fun scratchbuild.

Ask away, if you start one of your own. I propably have some references you can use.

Btw .... just finished my Ma.K. Kröte today:

http://www.resinilluminati.com/showt...899#post117899

By popular demand...