Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Anime

Anime Finished Anime

Old 07-08-2009, 04:11 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: EDF Nike

Thank you. I'm just trying not to take any steps backwards...
I'll just say that when I tackle my Yamato, I hope to do as good as you.

As for Yamato references, this guy is my holy grail.
http://www.geocities.jp/dourakuoyadi...ge500ad-11.htm
Him and the pictures of Don Gaisers.
I look at their work, then just build as I go. I'm not good with making plans.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:38 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

That guy is just amazing in what he's done with these. I'm going to following his lead and painting all the ships I just bought in this 'battleship gray' instead of the blues and stuff..

~Pete~
Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

MORE!! pics...

This is just mock-up, so I can see where I'm going. And I'm liking it!
I just have to clean the scoops up, but they're just about done. The command tower is getting a new base, inspired by Don Gaiser's designs and carried out with the help of the foot of a Gundam robot (the blue piece.) And the trenches down either side of it is where the secondary guns will be placed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nikemock-up1001.jpg (262.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Nikemock-up1002.jpg (232.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Nikemock-up1003.jpg (168.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Nikemock-up1004.jpg (159.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Nikemock-up1005.jpg (227.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Nikemock-up1006.jpg (163.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Nikemock-up1007.jpg (145.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Nikemock-up1008.jpg (236.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 07-10-2009, 08:59 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Amazing work!

~Pete~
Old 07-10-2009, 04:41 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

That looks GREAT!!! Outstanding work so far.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:16 PM

Thanks again for the kind words.

Well, after some trials and errors, I made a good copy of the engine section. And the Yamato guns that will go into the newly built gun trenches. Those are still being refined, sanded and smoothed into shape. I have to build them outward a bit too. After that, I have to build up the main superstructure, modify the main guns, lengthen the secondary drives with added details... lots and lots...

The next model I do is going to be straight from the box! I need a rest...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nike1009.jpg (173.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Nike1010.jpg (194.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Nike1011.jpg (232.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Nike1012.jpg (196.2 KB, 32 views)
Old 07-15-2009, 02:56 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Outstanding work!!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:18 PM

I'd say that doing the stretch was the easiest part. But I didn't watch alignment close enough, though the slight twist is hardly noticeable and may straighten when I finally put the upper and lower halves together.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:33 PM

It has been a little while - let me not count the months!!

I will plead some physical incapacity, as a sprained finger kept me from handling a hobby knife without undue harm in the offing.

But, doing better now and putting the hull together and other details. I put the 'beak' on, I think with the correct down curve, though the floor monster ate the little chin piece that would go behind it. That's no problem though, I'll just scratch a replacement.

I've also just about finished the quad aux drives, with some black printer cartridge wheels for a little added detail and some carefully drilled holes made for small diameter brass RCS. Then I have to anchor in the drives - or what are actually cable connectors in the real world - with epoxy. That's why there are some gaping holes in the side, in order to fit them.

More brass was used to accent what I think are missile turrets that go along the sides, and forward I'll be placing 'thrusters' for added detail. I figure a bitch this size needs a lot of help maneuvering!

I'm still thinking about the main guns, whether I should scratch build them or modify the kit parts for a more raked appearance. For those I also bought some brass /700 scale barrels for the Yamato/Musashi model, and those graft good onto the kit parts.

That, and the hulls finally starting to go together!

Here are some pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9897.jpg (182.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9901.jpg (170.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9904.jpg (151.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9900.jpg (134.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9004.jpg (84.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9002.jpg (114.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9913.jpg (87.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9016.jpg (153.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9015.jpg (182.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9014.jpg (166.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9013.jpg (141.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: EDF Nike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
I will plead some physical incapacity, as a sprained finger kept me from handling a hobby knife without undue harm in the offing.
I hope that's not a euphemism!

Looking nice
Old 01-14-2010, 03:50 PM

Looking GOOD!!! Glad to see you back at work on this project and that your hand is doing ok. Keep the updates coming.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:28 PM

Well, the resin engine section is now in place. I have a plastic dowel anchoring it with liberal amounts of super glue, and though its not shown in these pictures, I used styrene strips to fill the gap before puttying and sanding.

Also began modifying the main turrets to give them a different look and profile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9030.jpg (237.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9029.jpg (177.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9028.jpg (165.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9031.jpg (236.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9032.jpg (176.7 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Tiberious; 01-20-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:21 PM

That looks outstanding i just love what your doing with this kit.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:01 PM

Some more progress!

I've puttied and smoothed in the new main engine and currently sanding the hull and making minor repairs to the engraved panel lines. I've also added three out of four aux drives. No 1 is giving some fit problems and will be thrown repeatedly against the wall to fix it. Pieces to be shown later...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9051.jpg (226.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9052.jpg (203.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9057.jpg (140.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9058.jpg (127.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-01-2010, 05:54 PM

COOL!!!!!!