Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 11-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: The Walking Dead - Live Action Zombie Series

yeah, it was good, may have to watch it this sunday
Old 11-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

I've watched three times now and plan to keep it on my DVR for at least a couple episodes so I can watch several back-to-back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Thought Griff may get a kick out of this: Pretty good costumes! (or are they...)

http://www.visualnews.com/2010/10/30...o-zombie-walk/
That was awesome!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:54 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Have to say while not a horror fan as such, more than a bit impressed by the first ep.
Makeup/effects are pretty damn good with the story developing nicely. Ok maybe I also have a soft spot for the 'end of the world as we know it and how people deal with it' stuff so this suits me.

Maybe a few litle bits of the story told a bit odd or contrived but nothing that's the mega obvious plot point here kinda thing so no big deal.

Not trying to be the spoliler merchant but to maybe keep it a bit cryptic for those who haven't seen it and are going to...

Stand out bits:
The gas station scene at the start.
The crawler on the grass.
The man with the scope rifle.
Turning the corner at the road junction in Atlanta.

Now THERE was a classic 'oh fuck' moment.

Oh and maybe an aside thrown in joke of sorts or just accident on the producers part but to paraphrase a line from an SF show from the 90's:

"If there's a massacre happening somewhere, the glorious Seventh Cavalry will be in the middle of it..."

Pretty damn good stuff thusfar
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Battlestar Triton

New episode tonight! 10p EDT/9pCDT!

Looks like they're already deviating from the comic, but in a way I can handle. Basic main plot points seem to be there, regardless. Can't wait 'til 9pm!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:22 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Just got done with episode #2.

Rain,rain,go away.....

Or I'll be runnin' like a bitch in a boy's camp!

I have to admit,I'm really liking this show!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Resident JLH Groupie

DaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
I have to admit,I'm really liking this show!
That's because unlike most of the crap coming out of Hollywood these days, this show actually has a story to it.

The problem with America is stupidity. Now I don't believe in capital punishment for stupidity. However, I think we should just take all the safety labels off everything and let Mother Nature fix the problem herself.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Resident JLH Groupie

DaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati God

Umm ..... WOW !!!

Only two episodes have aired, and apparently it's been picked up for a second season already:

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...-2-renewal.php

The problem with America is stupidity. Now I don't believe in capital punishment for stupidity. However, I think we should just take all the safety labels off everything and let Mother Nature fix the problem herself.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

I really enjoyed episode 2, had me sitting on edge. lets see how 3 is gonna go when he finds out his ol lady is shacking up with his old partner!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:34 PM

feek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to behold

Not a horror fan but this show is very well done and I am really enjoying it. As someone who has never read any of the comic or graphic novel I look forward to see what happens!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:36 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Episode 2 a winner. Well done all round and Rick Grimes is turnng out to be a character I can respect and well played by Mr Lincoln. A pragmatic and decent human being in equal measure.
Not a perfect person by any means and that fits for me, deffo has that 'normal guy in highly abnormal circumstances, with his own problems but managing to keep his shit together' thing going on.

The rest of the cast, both apparently regular and (not sure yet as it's only ep 2) supporting are pulling thier acting weight too so all good at this point.

From my personal perspective, this show is a keeper
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 11-12-2010, 05:52 AM
"I'm just a head."

DaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant future

I've been enjoying it quite a bit as well. It's just too bad that they can develop really good original programming like this show, Mad Men and Breaking Bad (haven't seen Rubicon), yet their choice of "classic" movies has been somewhat less than stellar.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Resident JLH Groupie

For anyone interested, AMC will be replaying the first two episodes this Sunday right before airing the third episode.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:39 PM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

And, Rubicon got cancelled after only 2 episodes. At least we will get to see how the world will survive the Walking Dead.

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:50 PM

DLMatthys has disabled reputation

Very cleaver and a good story that AMC presents with The Walking Dead...
A good way to fill the time until the return of the next season of Breaking Bad

"Chemistry...MUST...be respected" -- Walter White
don@dlmparts.com
Make it Glow!

Last edited by DLMatthys; 11-19-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Battlestar Triton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Darth Beavis View Post
And, Rubicon got cancelled after only 2 episodes. At least we will get to see how the world will survive the Walking Dead.
"Rubicon"?!? Obviously a TV Show, but I've never heard of it.

New episode tonight, entitled "Vatos" - Spanish slang for Dudes. Last weeks episode is to air prior to this weeks in case you missed it. I like how they're doing that.