Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 08-20-2010, 10:20 AM

NAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant future
Default Re: Slave 1

Im really leaning towards this solution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WzaL...feature=search

I like that you can clean it all of with water and retry if needed.

Last edited by NAZGŪL; 08-20-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:56 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

I had real problems affixing my canopy on this one. Worse, it didn't quite fit. I look forwards to seeing what you can do.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:12 PM

superjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant future

Garrett, seriously. . . stop teasing everyone by showing pics of the filming model.
Your work continues to amaze!

I don't know if you have access to Testors products, but they make a clear parts cement that I've used for canopies. It comes in a small square bottle with a long thin applicator built in. It works really well, and I'd guess it's in the same family as other PVA "white glues." It goes on whitish and dries crystal clear.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Did you state FIRST ATTEMPT at spraying?!!!

DUUUUUUUUUDE!

This should be on the Gallery site for sure... PM me if interested.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 08-22-2010, 06:26 AM

terminal fettler will become famous soon enoughterminal fettler will become famous soon enough

Nazgul, thanks for that link to the canopy fixing tutorial, i followed it and it worked well. I fixed the canopy with bog standard trade PVA, applied to the top and bottom edges sparingly with a toothpick, held in place with a couple of masking tape tabs, once in place i applied more PVA top and bottom almost using it as a gap filler then cleaned away the excess with a cotton bud and clean water. the glue is virtually invisible as it dries to a clear satin finish...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0001_44.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	643.0 KB
ID:	43226  
Old 08-22-2010, 11:46 AM

NAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant future

Great that it worked out well! You can be proud over this build!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:50 AM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Paint job is outstanding !!!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:44 AM

Nostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Slave 1

terminal fettler

That is indeed one fine paint job there, totally unreal and simply the BEST!

Your control in the tone of the colors are amazing. The power of your observation is extraordinary. I am very impressed with your attention to minor details and am really glad to see the less obvious 'pink'

I was looking through some of the references I could find and was always contemplating which would be the right balance on each color but you blended them so well together, its almost like symphony.

Thanks for sharing your finished pictures with us and bringing your talent into this artform. I love your work. Its inspiring.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:28 AM

terminal fettler will become famous soon enoughterminal fettler will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
terminal fettler

That is indeed one fine paint job there, totally unreal and simply the BEST!

Your control in the tone of the colors are amazing. The power of your observation is extraordinary. I am very impressed with your attention to minor details and am really glad to see the less obvious 'pink'

I was looking through some of the references I could find and was always contemplating which would be the right balance on each color but you blended them so well together, its almost like symphony.

Thanks for sharing your finished pictures with us and bringing your talent into this artform. I love your work. Its inspiring.
Thanks Nostromo, that's fine praise indeed! I think the key to how the colours turned out was the wire wool blending. This effectively reduces contrast by revealing some of the paint layers beneath, works well with fine wool and sparingly applied...On the hull section I also misted on a medium grey to further reduce contrast and achieve the dusty look from the reference pictures, especially on the black and grey sections...
Old 08-24-2010, 09:19 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Damn nice work on this ship! Very nice!

B
Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 AM

Hangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of light

That paint job is indistinguishable from the ILM model! absolutely stunning workmanship!

Bow down 1000x