Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 02-19-2016, 01:41 AM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
"I was just thinking about adding some small speakers"...
Bill, please just make it subtle.
Last thing we need is a repeat of the Bling-o-prise and it's 'hear you from a mile away' soundtrack...

WonderFest horror story 101.

Last edited by Jim NCC1701A; 02-19-2016 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:48 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim NCC1701A View Post
Bill, please just make it subtle.
Last thing we need is a repeat of the Bling-o-prise and it's 'hear you from a mile away' soundtrack...

WonderFest horror story 101.
Me? Subtle? I will consider less offensive options.

Speaking of offensive options, the Buck-o-prise test drives a couple of temporary paper registry and pennant markings as well as pylon cutouts:

Lou from Aztec Dummy is working on creating vinyl paint masks for her markings. It's hard to believe I'm already considering the paint job, where did the time go?

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:50 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Great progress as always.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:09 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Coming together beautifully!

And a tiny mp3 player and speakers should fit real easy!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 02-19-2016, 10:07 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

I love it dude.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:23 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Parts for a new circuit board arrived over the weekend to distribute power and add trim pots for the 9V cabin lighting. In the meantime, more fun with the 6V navigation board provided me the chance to drill holes into the primary (top half) and test out a few nav and strobe LEDs. The strobes themselves will have to be cut down to size as they stick up much too high but the green and red 5mm look about right. I sat in the dark and watched these blink for a while, the whole time giggling. Enjoy the show!

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 02-22-2016 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:34 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

What great work. That lighting looks awesome!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 02-22-2016, 07:58 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
the whole time giggling.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:16 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Maybe I'm missing something but shouldn't the red and green 5MM LEDs in the vidceo be blinking too?

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."

Last edited by Trekriffic; 02-22-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:29 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekriffic View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but shouldn't the red and green 5MM LEDs in the vidceo be blinking too?
No, you aren't missing anything.

I'm an old school proponent that the red/green nav lights should remain steady on with the secondary white strobes at various corners to blink and anti-collision (triple flash) at the bow, aft nacelle ends and lower secondary. Personal preference I guess.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:37 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
No, you aren't missing anything.

I'm an old school proponent that the red/green nav lights should remain steady on with the secondary white strobes at various corners to blink and anti-collision (triple flash) at the bow, aft nacelle ends and lower secondary. Personal preference I guess.
Cool. No worries then. I love this build!

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 02-22-2016, 08:54 PM
All ahead full

Had some time today to work on the upper utility hangar bay. Over the weekend, I cast a new top of the secondary to replace the original section cut from the rotocast hull in order to make a perfect-fit removable top. This all took a remarkable amount of grinding, filing, sanding and carving to make it drop in with a minimal seam. I also decided to only open the port side hangar, leaving the starboard door shut. After grinding the door and ceiling area open, I constructed the floor and walls out of .060 styrene using some PE from the Refit set to clad the bulkheads. Two 'windows' on either side were open to allow for a backlit monitor. Overhead, small Plastrut beams were glued to help hide the 5 tiny red SMDs used to illuminate the hangar for night ops. In space, it's always night ops. Anyway, I think the red is cool. The main hangar will have standard white diffused lighting with yellow "safety" beacons overhead.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:27 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

DUDE! Incredible.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:55 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

Nice work
Old 02-23-2016, 08:06 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
DUDE! Incredible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekmanscott, M,Ed. View Post
Nice work
Thank you guys very much!