Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 05-12-2008, 06:21 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold

Has Mission Galactica now finally come out on DVD or are these caps from the original VHS release?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Mission Galactica is available on dvd down here in Australia mate.

Phil
Old 05-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Count Baltar

birdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of All

Dose anyone know if Mission Galactica is available in the US?

Mark
Old 05-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

To my knowledge, it isn't available yet in the US. Why on earth we get all BG releases over here first, I'll never know!

Mike, Oz
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post

Why on earth we get all BG releases over here first, I'll never know!
Cuz you like comedies

Seriously though, my guess would be it's probably got something to do with the Asian region* market perhaps and it perhaps sells better over there.
*Though having said that their region code is different to you.

Any extras on that DVD?

Last edited by rider; 05-12-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

There's no extras on this dvd release.Now that's not to say when it's released over there you wont have any though.Quite often we get zilch or very little extra's on these Battlestar disc's compared to the region 1 version's.
I don't see why we don't get the same bonus content that you guy's get over there.

Phil
Old 05-12-2008, 02:17 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
I don't see why we don't get the same bonus content that you guy's get over there.
I honestly don't understand why either. At best guess, all I can assume is some odd legal rights perhaps. Specifically thinking about such aspects as -isolated score- editions aswell as sometime additional extras. But I agree, it makes no sense whatsoever.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Count Baltar

birdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of All

I called
3 dvd places and not one of them could find Mission Galactica on there list of dvds coming out soon. They could not find it at all.

So I guess we wont be seeing it for a while in the US.

Mark
Old 05-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

There's a hardcover book that you can purchase - that I Had no clue existed - and some kewel poster art, but no DVD's available at Amazon.com. You can purchase the VHS tapes, tho.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 05-12-2008, 03:31 PM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
There's a hardcover book that you can purchase - that I Had no clue existed.
The hardcover book is what in the UK is called an annual.

At Christmas they used to (and still do) bring out annuals of UK kids' comics, like the Beano or Dandy etc. A harcover book of comic strips and maybe some prose stories featuring the comic characters with illustrations.

If a TV series (or sometimes a film) was popular it'd get an anuual at Christmas too consisting of three or four comic strips and features on the stars of the series or movie, fact files behind the scenes info etc.

In the UK Galactica was a movie first but it still got an annual and when the second film came out it got one too, but not Conquest of the Earth.

There were annuals for everything Charlie's Angels, BJ and the Bear, Logan's Run...
Old 05-13-2008, 06:25 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold

A hardcover annual, eh? Does anyone know what content this book has? It has my interest piqued.