Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-22-2011, 05:19 PM

cylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (FP) Colonial One

Well today i got the solid pug in the bottom so i have to drill in to seeing that its hollow cast and i also worked on the external engines and the engine flaps which is a 2 piece assembly that i thought was pretty cool.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:56 AM
Banned

RAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to behold

Wow, sounds like Jay had a really bad experience with that Pegasus kit. I'm glad that I read these post being that I'm starting out producing my own kits it helps to learn on how to produce a better kit when I cast the pieces and pull them I find myself cleaning the parts or filling any holes from air bubbles, even the best garage kits will have minor defects I bought the Richard Long Ralph McQuarrie concept X-Wing kit in December and its a Beautiful kit, and it had some bubbles and minor defects and that cost me $325 for that kit. I just want to make my kit as trouble free for the buyer so he spends less time puttying and sanding and more time enjoying building and painting their kit, man I got alot of work ahead of me this weekend I have to put together about 10 orders for my new Viper Concept I will need more Resin and Beer Lol, Cylon is doing a banging job on this!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:49 AM

cylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond repute

Minor issue last night i switched primers when painting the main body and the paint started to crack so i had the strip it off.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:09 AM

Nostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant future

sounds painful
Old 04-24-2011, 06:45 AM

Here's some more progress shots from yesterday. Had to strip off the primer off the main body it cracked ,been redone and a couple coats of primer and a couple of color and taped up for the blue.
Also got painted the lower external engines painted and I'm starting on the rest today.

Body shots

External Engine:

Old 04-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Banned

RAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to behold

Looking good Cylon, can't wait to see her painted.

Last edited by RAY22; 04-24-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:55 PM

The paint is progressing have some touch up to do but that will be tomorrow.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:11 PM

Did a lot of painting on this today,don't know if I'm really happy with it, not looking as good as i had hoped for well see what it looks like when I'm finish. Kind of struggle with painting the gold pin strip (on such a small model), And the window color but i think what i have is what its going to end up being my with a little clean up.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Banned

Hey Clylon I don't know if your kit comes with a stand but I made a custome BSG stand that goes with any BSG model it is the round BSG emblem and it is about a inch thick solid resin, pretty sturdy. I have sold a few of them to people that bought Mobious Kits lets see if the pic comes out here if not email me at Rayp22@gmail.com they're only $10 bucks but good job on the build
Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Banned

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT Okay this will take you to the stand on Ebay if you want to take a look I tried to insert a pic above but it didn't work story of my lie Lol.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:33 PM

Painted the engine flaps today, Lot of detail painting on these.
Here's a shot of the front and back of them.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:33 PM

Well its all in one piece and the paint is 98% done. A little touch up and a little weathering and it will be good to go.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:17 PM

I did the touch up painting and decals today so that part 100% done. I'm letting it dry good over night and i will do a light weathering to it and a coat of clear and it will be done.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:39 AM

Well its done It turned out OK but not some of my best work that iv done. Tough to detail paint such a soft detailed model. But its better than not having it at all. I will post some beauty shot of it in the finished section later.

Close ups:

Farther away shots:

Old 04-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Banned

I really like the Colonial One ship it was one of my favorites on the show and I like what you did with it Cylon considering how the kit looked at the begining I hope Fantastic Plastic would consider Re-mastering this kit and give it it's proper due.