Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 02-21-2016, 10:16 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/1000 Amarillo and 1/1000 Winged Defender double build

Since I've been grounded for a bit I've finally managed to get some work done on a couple of kits that have been sitting on my bench for far too long. I can only go in short stretches so updates will probably be piecemeal.

Starting with the 1/1000 Amarillo by Ugh Models. They were kind enough to send me a free copy. While it's not really my style something about this kit just said BUILD ME NOW. I've cleaned up all the parts with few issues. The parts are keyed so you can't screw them up but the fit is tricky in a couple of spots.

Here's one of the assembled nacelles. The assembly joint is covered by the decal/striping so I'll use minimal effort to fill and sand knowing that it will be hidden.

Main turret. Very nicely done with open barrels.

Main body assembly. Maybe it was just my copy but the one half is a slightly larger diameter than the other half. It throws off the turret mount and upper lip but this can be easliy fixed with a little putty and sanding.

All of the parts with some assembly.

Fit together.

Really nice base included.

Paint job for this will be the standard grey/grey. I'm waiting on decals so that may end up changing my final scheme. The early Earth ships were pretty colorful so I have lots of options.

Here's The Delta Quadrant 1/1000 Winged Defender. I'm making a couple of changes to the standard kit that I like better.

Basic parts layout. I am going with the wings up in attack version. I may have an issue with the wing baffles; they fit so tight and snug that I can't seem to separate the two pieces. Out of fear of breaking them I will assemble the kit with those two part unglued. I figure worst case if they fall apart I can then glue them.

I went ahead and drilled out all of the barrels for the gatling lasers. Still have one tiny piece of crap to get out of the hole as you can see.

I'm also going to add some hollow brass tubing to the main guns to give them a better feel.

I decided I didn't like the longer nacelle exhaust ports so I decided to cut them shorter and drill out the ports deeper. Still need a bit of putty touchup before primer.

I also went ahead and cut out the dish cast on the kit so I can replace it with the optional one included. A bit of grinding with the dremel and it's gone. Once I add a bit of putty that entire area will be covered by the new dish so I won't spend a lot of time making it pretty.

That's all for now.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:24 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1/1000 Amarillo and 1/1000 Winged Defender double build

Looking good with the 'Double-Shot' build! Those different diameters would throw me off if I hit one. But great progress on those. Now with some time on your hands to build, you can properly shame us all!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 02-21-2016, 03:00 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Can't see the pics---- stuck at work. (imagine that...)

Check it out later.....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-26-2016, 12:59 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

I ain't dead yet.....just a busy week at work.

Everything is filled and sanded with Mr. Dissolved Putty (love that stuff). Hope to post more pictures on the 'morrow.

His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:03 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespeed View Post
Everything is filled and sanded with Mr. Dissolved Putty (love that stuff). Hope to post more pictures on the 'morrow.
You're welcome....

Can't wait!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 02-26-2016, 06:28 PM
Oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
You're welcome....

Can't wait!
I do believe you are the one that got me hooked!

His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:46 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespeed View Post
I do believe you are the one that got me hooked!

Old 02-28-2016, 09:51 AM
Oh my!

First coat of primer.

As luck would have it the partial can of Tamiya primer I started with must have had some moisture in it from sitting around so the first few parts I did are all fisheyed. Thankfully I had a couple of new cans still sealed that worked much better.

His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:29 AM
My ass is itchy...

SO far so good!

Old 02-28-2016, 02:11 PM
Oh my!

I see some areas in my filling/sanding that need to be touched up. Grrrrrrrrrr!

His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:22 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Ain't that always the way...

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/