Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 06-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: The Star Trek movie SPOILER thread! DO NOT READ if you haven't seen the film!!!!

Well, finally saw it and I thought it was great. Would have ben happier seeing Uhura in her duds a bit more, but hey, maybe next flick

Then only thing that stuck out like dogs balls for me has been mentioned and that's the 25 years wait. That in itself could be another few movies right there!

Then of course there is the strange idea that he Nero could have just flown to the old Romulus and told them so they could sort their shit out sooner, still dropped off the red matter into Vulcan and fucked off back home again to see his wife and kids

Great casting all round though. There was one scene on the bridge and fuck me, if you blinked you would have missed it, but McCoy was walking centre towards camera and to the right and he did something with his brow / eyes or something and it was like he was possessed by Deforest. I'll try to watch it again. I know it's not the only time he nailed it, but this one particularly stood out for me.

When he said the wife took the planet, I couldn't stop laughing.

Looking forward to more
Old 06-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: The Star Trek movie SPOILER thread! DO NOT READ if you haven't seen the film!!!!

oooh ooooh oooh! Had to make smart arse comment regarding Nokia phone in the car - they finally caught up to 2009 iPhone by that time in the future - good for them!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 AM
...By the power of Grayskull

Raist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: The Star Trek movie SPOILER thread! DO NOT READ if you haven't seen the film!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
I don't really mind the idea of the Enterprise being a behemoth, but I'd like the VFX to support it better. If that makes sense?
Makes perfect sense. I am a bit confused as to how they justify the out of scale windows. Not to mention in the still shot of Kirk in shadow of the Enterprise, we can see a person on one of the catwalks.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Mostly Harmless

I find it hard to believe that JJ wasn't a fan of the show. Maybe it was down to the writing. I did a check on imdb and the writers didn't seem to have much to do with ST before hand. Maybe they were just huge fans to begin with. There were heaps of TOS classic moments.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
I'm gonna miss Sybok.
Share your pain. And gain strength from the sharing.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:16 PM
STOO-PID FLANDERS!!

Freddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud of

Well, until something official is published by the the folks that own the ST franchise, the size of Nu E will be a matter of controversy for some time. It is rather common for the interior size of a sci-fi ship not to match up with the exterior size. Some examples would be ST V (the refit would have had to have been 2 1/2 times larger, than it's official size, to accommodate all the decks shown in the elevator/rocket boot scene) and Space 1999 (the Eagle's interior sets would have required the Eagle to be twice as large as it was officially reported to be).

The size of the Nu E's engineering sets and the CG shots, of the shuttle hangar, don't necessarily mean the Nu E is the size of 1701-E. Then again, the size, of the windows, don't necessarily mean it's the size of the refit, either.

I personally believe the Nu-E is the size of the refit but, if it turns out to be the size of 1701-E, my world is not going to collapse as a result nor will it change my enjoyment of the movie.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:20 AM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Sean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati God

At Wonderfest, John Eaves said the NuE was around 2500' long.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Fear is the Mind Killer.

Padawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati God

Yeah, well I say John Eaves is around 2500' long. What do you have to say about that?

I'm sorry, I don't know what that was about.

P@T

My model club: www.fpkclub.com

"Pat is more like a good explosion. First, you wonder what the hell happened. Then, you realize what it was. Then, you often find yourself wishing it would happen again, depending on the target." LDB