Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 09-13-2013, 06:42 AM

jake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Thunderfighter redux

Just finished this Monogram Buck Rodgers Thunderfighter. It was an older build I did in 1980. It had been sitting in my attic for 33 years and I finally got around to unpacking and inspecting it. I realized I had painted it with a brush and weathered it with a Bic lighter causing one very ugly hole next to the canopy on the left side! I guess I did things like that when I was 14.... So into the purple bath it went. I disassembled it and did a re-build on this thing. Paint is a rattle can Krylon Ivory and looks pretty close to what I remember from TV. I didn't bother doing different panel colors but did a little pin washing and heavy dry brushing around the gun area. Its nice to have it back in my collection and on the shelf again .

Thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	65818   Click image for larger version

Name:	t2.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	65819   Click image for larger version

Name:	t3.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	988.6 KB
ID:	65820  
Old 09-13-2013, 07:33 AM

trnswrp10 is a jewel in the roughtrnswrp10 is a jewel in the roughtrnswrp10 is a jewel in the roughtrnswrp10 is a jewel in the roughtrnswrp10 is a jewel in the roughtrnswrp10 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Thunderfighter redux

Nice job! Ahhh to be 14 again. I have an MPC X-WING model floating around here somewhere and it too has the reqired (BBH) Bic Burn Hole. LOL. Plus it is way too weathered, looks like it was hit with a tar stick then a rusty pipe. After looking at yours, makes me wish they would rerelease the Thunderfighter and the Marauder. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:14 AM

jake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnswrp10 View Post
Nice job! Ahhh to be 14 again. I have an MPC X-WING model floating around here somewhere and it too has the reqired (BBH) Bic Burn Hole. LOL. Plus it is way too weathered, looks like it was hit with a tar stick then a rusty pipe. After looking at yours, makes me wish they would rerelease the Thunderfighter and the Marauder. Thanks for sharing.
I've seen a smaller resin version of the Thunderfighter out there on EBAY. I think it actually has a cockpit .
Old 09-17-2013, 03:50 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

That's a nicely done kit, even better for it being a rebuild from your youth.

And jake88,

I think you mean the Fantastic Plastic 1/72 scale Thunderfighter.

I have one of the Monograms I bought from a fellow member over on Starship Modeler for $40 bucks. It was built but unpainted, and kinda falling apart, but looking at how much even a 'built' kit is going for on eBay, it was a bargain! I'd like to get another and build the four passenger version, but again, money is the thing...

I am considering using the one I have as an example, and building a scratch one using styrene and a paper model as a form guide. I'd have to make a resin copy of the engines, but that's not hard.

Nothing anything I'd be doing right now, but maybe in a year or so...

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 09-17-2013, 04:02 PM

Dobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant future

Lol! I also "weathered" my old MPC/Ertl x-wings with a lighter...way way back in the day.

Anyway, great job on the update! Always loved the Thunderfighter, and you have done her proud!

Want to get a kit but not sure which one to get. FP's looks great but is rather small at 1/72...federation models has one....Alliance I think...that is just a little more but 1/32. Anyone know anything about them?

Chris
Old 10-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Nice job! I have a similar S-F in need of this kind of re-work... and I've been delaying that for quite some time now.