Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 03-06-2017, 08:16 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1:350 USS Repulse - TOS Heavy Destroyer

Masterful! Love seeing these come together.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 03-06-2017, 03:21 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

so, how many ships do you plan on taking to WonderFest this year?
Old 03-06-2017, 04:33 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

The goal was to be able to bring both Hood and Repulse. I am doubtful I can bring R to completion by then but I'll bring her regardless of her state.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Please please please, lots of documenting and photos of scratchbuilding her "shoulders"-- that sort of free-form from sketches is a skill I'm desperate to learn...

Best-
-SF
Old 05-06-2017, 08:30 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Repulse is back on the bench while Hood awaits her impulse crystal housing. More plastic frame construction continues on the upper hull sponsons. Holes were cut to allow internal access for lighting.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Cool lookin' already...
Old 05-07-2017, 04:46 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Gonna follow this one closer than ever- the scratchbuilding (of the sponsons) is a technique I'd really like to learn...

Old 05-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

I both love seeing your work!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 05-08-2017, 08:41 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
I both love seeing your work!
Wait, there are two of you? Well, thank the both of you!

Weekend update on Repulse. More styrene hull work continued with the skinning of the sponsons in .060 sheet as well as building the midship quarterdeck. The nacelle inboard halves were laser-aligned to the hull and permanently bonded to the brass pylons.

Not sure what's next on the assembly "to-do" - the Yard is running double time - but it will be something...

The "alignment rig":

Current config in temporary taped position:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:50 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Looking very nice there Admiral.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 05-08-2017, 10:46 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

I'd love to see a shot of the open nacelle half, showing exactly how you bonded the inner half to the brass armature.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:28 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
I'd love to see a shot of the open nacelle half, showing exactly how you bonded the inner half to the brass armature.
It's an ugly, rustic procedure but I'll post a pic tonight.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:19 PM
All ahead full

Two small holes were cut through the top half of each inboard half, lining up with the position of the brass pylons. Once each was aligned properly, medium CA was used to tack it in place. A piece of .080 styrene was cut to bridge a lateral brace and CA'd above as well. Finally, a short section of brass square tubing was glued to the underside, bridging both struts and butting the inside nacelle. Everything was then coated in 5-Minute Epoxy and allowed to harden. Not very well engineered or elegant but it does the job.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:21 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 05-09-2017, 06:58 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Not very well engineered or elegant but it does the job.
Elegant? Maybe not. But I'd argue with you on well-engineered. It looks plenty strong and should last.