Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-23-2015, 09:15 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all
Default Re: TOS Miranda

I favor the ribbed doors. The visual distinction helps set it apart from the rest of the hull.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:26 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

Some rollbar progress. The actual launch tubes will remain very plain; TOS = simple. There are a few structures meant to echo the Movie-era Reliant, like the triangular structure in between the launch tubes and the oval structure on the bottom of the pod. The "wings" won't get any cutouts like the Movie ship; again, TOS = simple. Thoughts on the megaphasers? I actually like the shapes that are there now, with maybe just some little phaser balls added as emitters on their tips.

Oh, and here are some teaser pics for one of my next projects, a companion for the Miranda. Let's see who can figure out what it is. Let's see, thickened saucer by about a deck, extended after top hull, reworked sensor dome, hmmm...

Teasers...

Old 08-01-2015, 03:16 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

Okay, I got the price of each hollowed out hull half down to about $90. That's still wayyyy too expensive, but its a start. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to order the parts soon. Say about $20 for the rollbar, and a bot more for each nacelle, or use the PL ones to save on cash. Its coming together!

Bob
Old 08-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Looks really neat!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!