Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 11-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice
Default Re: 1/32 Star Trek TOS Miranda Class Bridge

WOOOWWW MAN! The attention to detail is amazing, but more than that, I love the thought and logical aproach to what you said is a "fist in class" ship. I agree with you completely, it would be very general in layout as the full potential of this ship is yet to be explored. Im sure pure science variants would have more science stations, border patrol variants would have a more defensive layout etc. I would love to see your Loknar, is it here on the forum?

The result of a love of the hobby, and way too much time on my hands.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:57 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Here's something I've been thinking about for a while: What to do with the right side of the main viewscreen section? There's a secondary exit on the left...something lit and blinky needs to be on the right...

I studied the Reliant bridge and got to looking at those displays that were similar to main work stations, but had no chairs. Stations that are important enough to be on the bridge, but not so important that they warranted constant attention.

So - I played with some angles and came up with a TOS version.

Upper section of it will have a big square lightey panel, middle will have three of the small viewscreens, and the keyboard will have....well...a keyboard on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG6870.jpg (47.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG6874.jpg (134.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG6876.jpg (120.4 KB, 49 views)
Old 11-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice

If you haven't come up for a function for it, you could look at the Maranda class desgin. Memory fails me at the moment, im not sure if yours includes the "busy details" on the bottom saucer like the Relaint did, but you could call this station someting to go along with something with those details. Aux deflector control, lateral sensor master control, or possibly a seccondary engeneering station. Like you said, while it is important enought to be on the bridge, it isnt important enough to be manned at all times, so it could very easily be a seccondary system, or a system that would only really need to be manned when the ship is at battle stations.

The result of a love of the hobby, and way too much time on my hands.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:17 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Yeah - there are a few details on the 350th, and that's a good idea. More to think about, and thank you

I did more work on the viewscreen section.

Left to right -

I did some framing in the secondary exit area. The penciled line shows where a food synthesizer will be. (Hey - the E had one in the Transporter Room...why not one on the Bridge?) I plan to model it Open, with a couple cups of coffee on a tray. Left side will have a small arms locker, similar to those in shuttlecraft.

Center - brass for the Alert light, Sensor Scan Display, and Viewscreen Monitor panels has been added. Open area under the viewscreen has been closed off and detailing added. On the lower part, there are two compartments. These are for emergency gear, survival suits, and the like.

Ship's chronometer will be above the screen. This is basically an enlargement of the chronometer shown in the remastered version of The Naked Time, showing Stardate and ship's time. Instead of the tiny little gauge on the Helm, I wanted it bigger and more prominent. A viewing of The Undiscovered Country made my mind up as to its location.

I'm not wedded to its design, I just made something up in Paint Shop, printed it out, and pasted it in place.

Right, the aforementioned console. The bottom area of it will have another emergency equipment locker.

I'm working on an LED chaser circuit for the lights under the viewscreen.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:27 PM

G-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of light

Dave, No worries on the reply time, the wait was well worth it

I love the progress you've made.

Please tell me the MTV logo is here to stay?!... If so, can i offer a suggestion, Make it a serious 80's nod.. add a John Hughes reference in there in the other screen ...I miss the 80's.

George

And you can follow Catalyst Creations on face book:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-Creations/345458355475644
Old 09-08-2015, 09:42 AM
It's gonna get real now.

A few updates since the last time (time has flown!)

I primed and painted all the side consoles and installed lighting in the ceiling panels (no displays are lit as of now):

Bridge is populated. Thanks to Photoshop and Bill Krause and a trusty laminator I have 2D prints of the bridge crew:

Creative configuring on a DPDT switch:

....and we can go to Red Alert:

Speaking of wiring, I had to update it a little. All the major components, such as main consoles, viewscreen area, and door alcove, are removable so I had to figure out a way to unplug their wiring. I was using dollhouse plugs and receptacles. Good concept and size but they're worthless pieces of shit. So I went back to R/C servo plugs. I had used them in the 350th Miranda build and they work wonders.

So now each component has its own plug, and I made a 'bank' of receptacles:

Doors are on sliding tracks:

....and will open to a small corridor leading to the turbolift. There will be a ready room aft and maybe an airlock to port:

Lastly, I clearcoated and decalled the console panels and added bits of colored plastic behind the vents on the bottom of the consoles. I had them on my desk and sunlight hit the backs of the consoles just right. Light blocking still needs to be done:

Old 09-08-2015, 01:13 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

I must invest in RC servo plugs. NOW.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:11 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Nice!

Light blocking of those lower console panels would be easy-peasy with aluminum tape.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:48 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

re: the r/c servo plugs.... you can find them unassembled on ebay... in more than just the 3 pin variety. I have 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 pin setups for some of my stuff.

search for "jumper wire cable housing 2.54mm"
Old 09-10-2015, 04:55 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsenecal View Post
re: the r/c servo plugs.... you can find them unassembled on ebay... in more than just the 3 pin variety. I have 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 pin setups for some of my stuff.

search for "jumper wire cable housing 2.54mm"
You, sir, are my hero for the week! thank you!
Old 09-10-2015, 05:21 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

i forgot to add... the bridge looks amazing