Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 02-13-2015, 04:01 PM

droplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud of
Default Re: Project: Jupiter 2.0

Did you rebuild the rods which support the legs?
Old 02-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice

Yeah, I used the Kit parts, ( I know paragraphix offers a beautiful replacement landing leg set up, but can be a wee bit costly, especially considering the other aftermarket goodies I crammed into this) What I do, is to install the wall sections before the stair parts ( only glue the lower seam of the bay walls, dont glue the top seam yet or you wont be able to get the legs on :O ) let that cure for a day, clamped down, and then install the stairs parts. After that I literally drill out the little guide pin on the tips of the stair sides so that what your left is a hole. once I install the strut, I insert a small piece of brass rod and use some CA glue. and set the ship on her legs and pads. That way when they cure, they cure in the proper place, nice and square, with no wobling, or being crooked. last step is to glue the tops of the walls down and clamp them overnight for curing. I did this same thing on the last Jupiter I did a few years ago, and she's still standing tall and proud on (mostly) the stock plastic legs.

The result of a love of the hobby, and way too much time on my hands.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice

Hi all!! I know its been a while, but here are some Jupiter 2.0 progress pics! I'm about 90% finished here. Still have to touch up a few odds and ends on the interior, fix some light leaks, and gaps, finish the ceiling, install the astrogator and do a few other things. I hope to close the hull tonight.

The figures came out OK, it was my first atempt at painting figures at any scale other than the wee photo etch 1/350 guys for my Enterprise Refit. I need to fix the eyes. Smith looks hilariously angry. hahah thanks for looking!

PS... THE FIBER OPTICS WERE PURE HELL
I remember when I complained about aztec masks... HAHAH

Old 03-09-2015, 06:41 PM

droplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud of

Love how the atomic clock came out.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Lets... Lets do that!

Thanks man! I finished this one up and delivered it to my dad. Sorry I took so long to respond haha