Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 12-08-2014, 03:42 PM

Neo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the rough
Default Big Old Bird (Of Prey)

Starting another new build.
Got to be a bit of an engineer on this one as well.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:54 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Big Old Bird (Of Prey)

HO-LEE MACKEREL!!!

Where are ya' going to display that beast!

It's HUGE!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:09 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

You sir, are my hero.

Post build pics as you go---- so I can live my modeling life vicariously through you!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-09-2014, 02:47 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Wowza! Who says size doesn't matter!

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 12-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice

Because overkill is underrated! awesome man. can't wait to see more!

The result of a love of the hobby, and way too much time on my hands.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:40 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Is that aluminum??? Awesome work!
Old 12-09-2014, 08:16 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Is that aluminum??? Awesome work!
Yep. The armature to end ALL armatures......

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 12-24-2014, 06:24 AM

Broilermaker is on a distinguished road

Dang you could strap those wings to your back and take off
Old 12-24-2014, 12:59 PM

john_trek is a jewel in the roughjohn_trek is a jewel in the roughjohn_trek is a jewel in the roughjohn_trek is a jewel in the roughjohn_trek is a jewel in the roughjohn_trek is a jewel in the rough

Love it all, but the aluminum core is freakin' awesome! I really need to get 'metal savvy'.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:30 AM

Neo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the rough

A bit more progress on the studio scale Klingon- bird of prey I'm working on. Here's some pictures of the wing tip guns.
I used solder to join the brass parts together.

Last edited by Neo-Uk; 01-02-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:37 AM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

What kit is this and where do you get it? This is the first I've seen of this monster.

Tracy
Old 01-09-2015, 02:59 PM

Studio scale Klingon- Bird Of Prey update,
This is what you start out with for the neck , and the second picture is what I ended up with once I'd poured glue all over the parts and just rolled them together.....(Obviously I'm joking)
I added the parts in front of the tube myself to make the area a bit more "busy" looking.

Vidar you can get this kit from http://www.nicenmodeldesigns.com/

Last edited by Neo-Uk; 01-09-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:16 PM
My ass is itchy...

I saw one in person at Wonderfest Tracy----spectacular. Looks just as good as Neo's pics.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:50 AM

BOP,
Here's one of the first parts of the lighting that needs doing on this and the results after bit of soldering and gluing.
It's much redder in real life

Last edited by Neo-Uk; 01-10-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:07 AM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

Found out where to get one. Have a sizable bonus coming this month, but I don't think the wife will let me spend $3,700 of it on a model kit. :-(

Tracy