Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-11-2015, 01:28 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Big Old Bird (Of Prey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar710 View Post
Found out where to get one. Have a sizable bonus coming this month, but I don't think the wife will let me spend $3,700 of it on a model kit. :-(

Tracy
Yeah---it's the first time my wife has ever said no to a model.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-11-2015, 02:48 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Neo sah,
That is some slick and crisp work going on right there, nicely done thusfar!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 01-11-2015, 07:31 PM

Neo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the rough

Thanks you very much.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:01 AM

waynem0 New face in the crowd

This is going to be one hell of a build and well worth following!!! I look forward to the updates as not seen anything from the UK before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 02:01 PM

Neo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the roughNeo-Uk is a jewel in the rough

Some more work that Ive done of this monster of a kit.
The first picture shows the clear red plastic I cut to go around the torpedo tube.

The next two show one of the nav lights, which consists of four parts (aluminium tube with a brass tube inside that, the led and some clear sprue pushed in the front). I think I over engineered that just a bit.

This one shows a bit of wire work thats been done with aluminium rod and solder.

Last one is a paint test

Last edited by Neo-Uk; 01-15-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:54 PM

Awesome work indeed, and such attention to detail in every step and take it this is your project? Do you ever do build up work for people wanting model kits made to this quality but not as large a project as this obviously? It is really great to follow this project from someone with the UK too!
Old 01-15-2015, 04:59 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice

Beautiful work man. No I dont think you over engineered the nave light mounting, I think it gives it a perfect amount of detail, and light emmision. I cant wait to see the red rings around the photon emmiter light up!

The result of a love of the hobby, and way too much time on my hands.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:33 AM

A small update.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:28 AM

Beautiful
Old 01-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice

THERE IT IS! haha

The result of a love of the hobby, and way too much time on my hands.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:40 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Nice red ringiness!

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 01-19-2015, 04:24 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:46 AM
The User From Affar!

Location: I live in Norman Oklahoma, where we country folk shoot first and ask questions later!
jimbo_kirko will become famous soon enoughjimbo_kirko will become famous soon enough

Steve Neisen did an incredible job of designing and building this kit..........I only wish I had the money to purchase one of them. I drool every time I see one of them.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Looking great! Love how that "beak" looks with the red!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 01-21-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo_kirko View Post
Steve Neisen did an incredible job of designing and building this kit..........I only wish I had the money to purchase one of them. I drool every time I see one of them.
My thoughts exactly