Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 12-29-2014, 07:57 AM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice
Default Project: Jupiter 2.0

Starting up my Christmas present project.

What we have here is a Mobieus 1/35 Jupiter and Mobieus Light kit.
But you guys know I cant just do that... I'm also including a chaser circuit for the computer lights, and am going to custom mod a "celing" out of the extra fusion core and some stock styrene.

I was toying with some colors, and I liked taymia's metalic grey the best. and adding some details here and there by having different color hatches and details on the fusion core really makes the base color POP.

as for the interior, Im pretty much going with the mobieus color guide except Im going to add a lot more metalic trim. I want this ship to have more of a "50's scyfi" look and feel. I watched "forbiddon Planet" over the weekend and loved all the trim in the C-57D. So considering the Jupiter 2 was sort of a distnt cousin to the C-57D, why not?

I opened up a few extra port holes also on the exterior so that one can better see the inside, but before I close her up, Ill be sure to tke lots of interior pics just to show what I did.

I forsee lots of fiber optic work in my immediate future haha

Hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays, and as always, thanks for looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jupiter 2.0 006.jpg (1.41 MB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Jupiter 2.0 007.jpg (2.11 MB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Jupiter 2.0 005.jpg (2.02 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Jupiter 2.0 004.jpg (2.42 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Jupiter 2.0 003.jpg (1.37 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Jupiter 2.0 002.jpg (1.33 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Jupiter 2.0 001.jpg (1.43 MB, 14 views)

The result of a love of the hobby, and way too much time on my hands.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:38 AM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice
Default Re: Project: Jupiter 2.0

On the last day of 2014 I give you fellow Kit Krazies a wee bit of progress on Jupiter 2.0. I detailed the lower fusion core in base color and bright silver on the "cooling fins", raised ribs, and center circle. Mainly to give this part a little more flash. Not really sure if its canon or not, but not really worried either way. also got the landing steps in place and and the landing bays installed and clamped down so it dries nce and tight with no light leaks, and good sturdy landing legs. its VERY important that the landing bay walls are installed right and secured as to keep the landing legs from drooping over time from the weight of ship. Also, at the tips of the landing leg stairs holds the struts, and the only thing that holds this part together is a thin tube of styrene. so I drill thispart out and replace it with a brass piece. much much more sturdy, and helpds keep the struts in proper alignment with the stairs

hope everyone has a happy new year, and if your out and about, be safe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 002.jpg (2.05 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 003.jpg (2.18 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 004.jpg (2.32 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 005.jpg (2.32 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 006.jpg (2.17 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 008.jpg (2.01 MB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 007.jpg (2.02 MB, 17 views)

Old 12-31-2014, 03:38 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Looking good! Making a lot of progress in just a short time.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Thanks man! The parts im working on now are easy, its about to get real when i start the interior haha

Awesome job on the Shangra La (hope i spelled it right lol)

tring to pick up these guys for the freeze tubes, and might modify "Don" to be at the controls. Fee-bay... hurry up, bid, and wait to see if someone steals last second haha
Attached Images
File Type: png Oh the pain... the pain....png (443.8 KB, 13 views)

Old 01-02-2015, 04:43 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Good luck on the auction! Does the kit not come with figures?
Old 01-05-2015, 07:27 AM
Lets... Lets do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Good luck on the auction! Does the kit not come with figures?

Hey man, thanks! No the kit dosnt come with any figures, and I won! they will be inbound today or tomorrow im told... I didint get a whole lot done this past weekend, had to spend most of saturday taking down and packing up Christmas decorations. But still managed to get the landing gear fully detailed and installed, also got the landing hatches in, and started wiring up the fusion core lights and sounds. Hope everyone has a good monday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 009.jpg (1.99 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 010.jpg (2.08 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 011.jpg (2.28 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 012.jpg (1.99 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 013.jpg (1.66 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 014.jpg (1.74 MB, 5 views)

Old 01-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Lets... Lets do that!

Hi all, hope you are all staying warm this morning. Here are my "exploded R2d2" wiring pics that always happen when first laying out circuits. Dont worry, there will be order to chaos soon enough. My main opperating system is just the Mobieus Light kit that you can buy to go with the 1/35 jupiter. This powers the steady on lighting around the interior of the ship, the fusion core, as well as the upper sensor lights. If you guys havent done one of these, its a pretty easy plug and play system with no soldering or even wire cutting required. But I like to see stuff happening, so I wired into this system a chaser circut that I got from Mr. Stanley over at Starling-tech.com to handle all the control lights and other things that I want to add animation to. (forward control pannels, freeze tube walls, and other control surfaces and such.) I also got from him a sound effects board for an engine (power up) effect that plays on a loop. all these things work pretty well together on 6v, which is the rating of the A/C wall adapter that Mobieus provides with the kit. the amp rating is areound 600mla, So it should be enough juice to run everything, without brown outs. If it does pose a problem, I have another 6v adaptor that runs at 800 mla, but it would require soldering in a new reciever plug. ahh the fun with electricals!! thanks for looking as always!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 016.jpg (1.51 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 017.jpg (1.73 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 018.jpg (1.98 MB, 11 views)

Old 01-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Just a quick update today, as I've begun base painting on all the interior pieces. She's coming together, slowly but surly. hope to start drilling for fiber optics sometime in the next few days. as always, thanks for checking out my build
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 019.jpg (1.62 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 020.jpg (1.89 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 021.jpg (2.06 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 022.jpg (1.42 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 023.jpg (1.82 MB, 4 views)

Old 01-14-2015, 08:40 AM
Lets... Lets do that!

I started detail painting the interior night before last. and some fun with dryfitting. Also, a pick of my next project to go along with her. A gift from a good friend of mine.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:49 AM
Lets... Lets do that!

I didnt get any real progress made last night except to touch up a few spots where my second color was uneven around the edges of the freeze walls. buuutttt I am very happy to say that last night I recieved my Robinson family figures for the freeze tubes, "seated" don figure for the forward console, as well as a robot and Dr. Smith in Col. uniform holding a laser pistol, he'll be standing somewhat behind Don, plotting his next scheme against the Robinsion family to get himself home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 038.jpg (2.22 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 039.jpg (2.22 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 042.jpg (1.91 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 043.jpg (2.18 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 041.jpg (2.06 MB, 5 views)

Old 01-24-2015, 05:20 AM

droplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud of

The figures don't look too bad. Not much clean up.

I had built this kit, back in the day... so I do understand the amount of work you are putting in.

Great job!
Old 01-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

This is one if those models I want to build one of these days, yet kind of don't because I'm trying to keep myself in-check with keeping to just three genre subjects - Trek, SW and BSG.

Regardless, I love seeing this build! It looks great and I'm living vicariously thru your work! Thanks for sharing!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 01-26-2015, 02:05 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Looking really good Mike and thanks for the nicely detailed build progress pics!

Mike
Old 01-26-2015, 07:41 AM
Lets... Lets do that!

Thanks guys! And thanks for checking out my build.

Griff, I typically stick with Trek myself. I find though that I can only build so many Enterprises before I just get bored with the subject haha. That was very much a reason I did the TOS 2.0+.

Droplite, yes I am very happy with the figures, I wasnt sure what to expect getting them off feeby, but they really are going to come out nice i think, providing my pant skills dont fubb them up too bad Yeah, this one is all about the details. The interior of this ship makes the build. WHich is a total change in pace for me as by general rule, on trek kits, its all about the outside and all.

Lastbattlestar, Thanks bud! I didnt know anyone was really following. I really enjoy documenti ngmy builds, even if its to go back a couple months or years later and giggle at what i thought was good work hahah

I havent gotten too much done since the last update besides more electrical work and wire routing. I got all of my landing bay lighting in, installed my rechargable 6v battery pack( so the ship can be wireless at times) wired up the sound board. I was a little scared about hooking up so many additional circuts to the Mobieus light kit, but so far, I have no issues or brown outs. And I havent burnt up one led... yet the only pics i have today are of my makeshift ceiling. The Moebus Jupiter kit interior looks amazing, and even OOB makes for a beautiful build, except when you look up... there is no ceiling! and what you see is the blue,yellow,greeen wire bundle going into the top sensor dome. That totally kills the effect for me. SOOOOO one cool thing about the moebus kit, is that it gives you two lower fusion cores. One with the cooling fins extended, and the other with them almost flush. I used the extended fin one on the outside of the ship, and Im going to slightly modify the other one for the ceeling. Ill light it up, and detail paint it to match the interior. doenst look half bad even without the little greeblies and details. More to come soon from the Robinson Family Space Adventure!! haha

P.S. Dn't worry guys, I will NOT be aztecing this one. ahahahahha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 006.jpg (2.17 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 044.jpg (1.34 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Oh the pain... the pain... 045.jpg (1.27 MB, 13 views)

Old 01-26-2015, 03:57 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Oh, yeah. There are several of us following. I love to watch....

Wait, what...?

Seriously, tho, I love peeking in and seeing other folks' progress on their various builds. I've just seem somewhat silent for a while, as my modeling mojo had sorta faltered a bit. I'm now getting back on track and feel confident enough myself to actually take the time to comment.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!