Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-27-2019, 05:20 PM

TEL20102 will become famous soon enoughTEL20102 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Space 1999 44" Eagle Transporter

Not bad Ian, not bad at all...

YOU'RE A FUKIN MAGICIAN!!!

If you don't mind me saying so..
Old 04-28-2019, 04:54 AM

clactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to behold

Bloody lovely Ian!
Old 04-29-2019, 08:50 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

As everyone else has previously noted, I simply cannot add any more. But, I will. Because this deserves so much attention and worthy praise as a masterpiece in every sense of the word. Every picture is breathtaking in the craftsmanship and layered in the love and skill employed to bring it to life. Inspirational doesn't begin to cover it. Thank you for sharing this work and reminding me that this hobby is worthwhile and fun!

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 04-29-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:02 PM

TazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really nice

This is really incredible. Love your choice of greeblies. I'm going to be using some of your techniques in completing mine.

TazMan2000
Old 06-30-2019, 04:54 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Terry, I don't mind at all sir

Bill, you are most welcome my friend! As a hobby, ya damn right it's worthwhile and fun otherwise what's the point? Granted we all have the hair pulling/teeth gnashing moments but in the end, if it was all easy, it wouldn't be worthwhile doing and getting to the finish line. Dedicated modelers aren't quitters

Thanks Taz and by all means, use whatever is of use to you of my long winded sodding about mate. No point if I can't share some of the pain around.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 02-24-2020, 09:19 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Well back on this monster...
New update page on the site:

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wip44eagle13.html

A few pics from said page...

So first, the side pods. I made to old two part mesh in to a single item, beefed up some of the internal structure and got to it with some tough resin in the printer.
When properly cured, this gear is stronger than ABS which will do nicely.

Next on the hit list is the fuel tank like things for the main engines.
The polygon punching program and me had a chat and this is what came out.

Snug fit, just the way one likes it.

As a bit of a time saver, I found a pretty decent mesh on CGTrader for an Eagle.
Took the beak, made some modifications to the mesh by giving it an internal skin,
Putting long tabs in one side and grooves in the other for assembly,
breaking it down in to three parts and building a cockpit as far as is possible.

And the printing did happen!

Just removed all the support material, yet to clean up proper.
One of the grilles for the cockpit back wall didn't print right,
I made the walls far too thin, been redone and i'll sort it.

The greeblies for the outside of the beak aren't studio accurate but there's a lot on this that isn't so onward!

And of course, the sticky tape assited dry fit look see.

And that's the story so far!
More later folks and folkettes
Does that count?
Old 02-24-2020, 12:25 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

I knew when You got a printer you would complete your road to insanity---and by God, you never fail to impress my friend!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-24-2020, 02:38 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks old friend but I feel I must correct you on something. I have not completed the road to insanity...i'm currently on my third lap thank you
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 02-24-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:54 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
Thanks old friend but I feel I must correct you on something. I have not completed the road to insanity...i'm currently on my third lap thank you
Ya know--- I actually knew that! Bwahahahaha!!!!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-21-2020, 07:08 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Wow, nice ride from 2012 to present! Awesome work...
Old 03-24-2020, 08:52 PM

george New face in the crowd

Excuse me for jumping in here.
Does anyone know the where abouts of eagle-1 ?
Been trying to get in touch with him.

Please let him know or me what`s up, I`ve been away from this site for a LONG TIME.
Thanks
George
Old 03-27-2020, 04:57 PM

Skiffy will become famous soon enoughSkiffy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
Excuse me for jumping in here.
Does anyone know the where abouts of eagle-1 ?
Been trying to get in touch with him.
With who? As far as I'm aware, Dave Sisson still owns the 44" Eagle 1 filming miniature made by Space Models and restored by him.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:59 AM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

Eagle-1 is the name of a member here.