Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

View Poll Results: So what do you think?
Realistic! 13 86.67%
OK... 2 13.33%
Needs Improvement! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future
Default Tu-22 Soviet Supersonic Bomber

Hey guys! I've taken a break with science fiction models. Back to earth. I am working on several projects now, this one is a first for me. This is my first all metallic model. I looked around and found that Soviet Tu-22, in my opinion, was a neat looking aircraft in all aluminum/silver. Here it is. I did some minor modifications to the kit. The refueling probe was built from scratch, and the engines were slightly modified. Enjoy and constructive criticism is appreciated!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Final 4.JPG (2.15 MB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Final 1.JPG (2.19 MB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Final 2.JPG (2.28 MB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Final 3.JPG (1.96 MB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Final 5.JPG (2.16 MB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Final 6.JPG (2.14 MB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Final 7.JPG (1.58 MB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Final 9.JPG (1.56 MB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Final 10.jpg (1.19 MB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg CIA 1.jpg (3.04 MB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg CIA 2.jpg (2.78 MB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg CIA 3.jpg (3.96 MB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Final 8.JPG (1.72 MB, 45 views)
Old 05-30-2011, 01:12 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Tu-22 Soviet Supersonic Bomber

Top-notch work - it looks like a filming miniature!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:16 PM

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Top-notch work - it looks like a filming miniature!
WOW! Great compliment! Thank you!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:30 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Brilliant model, well done. What a cool design too !
Old 05-30-2011, 01:31 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackjsm View Post
WOW! Great compliment! Thank you!
No - you don't get it... that's more than just a good build - it's a few steps ABOVE that.

I did a lot of scouring o' the internets when I was looking for references on Soviet ships. Naturally, I found a lot of pics of armor and aircraft too. I saw pics of tired but still-in-service aircraft on flight lines that looked like it would be even odds between its next mission being a flight, or a tow to the boneyard.
The Soviets had bigger worries than making sure their airplanes were nice and polished, and natural-metal finishes became rather heavily weathered.

It's a unique look, and you captured it. Perfectly.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:10 PM
detail junkie

Andrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to behold

Great-looking model, Mack! You've got metal down to an artform!

Be sure to visit our facebook site at:
https://www.facebook.com/gluesbrothers/?ref=bookmarks
Old 05-30-2011, 02:32 PM

jockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of light

Nice! Who is the kit from?
Old 05-30-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
No - you don't get it... that's more than just a good build - it's a few steps ABOVE that.

I did a lot of scouring o' the internets when I was looking for references on Soviet ships. Naturally, I found a lot of pics of armor and aircraft too. I saw pics of tired but still-in-service aircraft on flight lines that looked like it would be even odds between its next mission being a flight, or a tow to the boneyard.
The Soviets had bigger worries than making sure their airplanes were nice and polished, and natural-metal finishes became rather heavily weathered.

It's a unique look, and you captured it. Perfectly.
THANKS SO MUCH!! I owe you a beer!!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew C. View Post
Great-looking model, Mack! You've got metal down to an artform!
Andy! U Are Da Man! Thanks friend! I cant wait to see you make some aircraft too! Did you post any????????
Old 05-30-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockdeboer View Post
Nice! Who is the kit from?
Hey Bud, the kit comes in 1/72 scale from Italeri, about $49.99. (I heard Trumpetier made one too. But it was pure crap..) It's nice and big.. there are some parts that are a bit off but they are a easy fix. i.e.. engines and nose: no refuel rod. And the paint guide is crap.. way off.. I had to do some digging around.. I got some nice pictures so if you ever need them for reference let me know!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Bringing good things to life

ShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond repute

Damn! The finish on this model is scary good.
I wasn't familiar with this particular aircraft before. Thanks for modeling it and doing such an amazing job.
Love the pics
Old 06-01-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalShips View Post
Damn! The finish on this model is scary good.
I wasn't familiar with this particular aircraft before. Thanks for modeling it and doing such an amazing job.
Love the pics
THANK YOU SIR!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:22 AM
detail junkie

Andrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Andy! U Are Da Man! Thanks friend! I cant wait to see you make some aircraft too! Did you post any????????
Mack, I haven't built real aircraft in a long time, and all my old models are gone. (My mom used to periodically throw them away. ) That's how I originally got started, building jet fighters, helicopters, biplanes, etc. Did that for nearly 10 years, then started with the TOS 1701, Eagle Transporter and along came the first Star Wars kits - and down the path of SF modeling I went.

Still hanging on to some favorite aircraft kits that may (or may not) be built some day: the X-15, Ford Tri-Motor, DeHavilland D.H.2, Westland Scout & a few more.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew C. View Post
Mack, I haven't built real aircraft in a long time, and all my old models are gone. (My mom used to periodically throw them away. ) That's how I originally got started, building jet fighters, helicopters, biplanes, etc. Did that for nearly 10 years, then started with the TOS 1701, Eagle Transporter and along came the first Star Wars kits - and down the path of SF modeling I went.

Still hanging on to some favorite aircraft kits that may (or may not) be built some day: the X-15, Ford Tri-Motor, DeHavilland D.H.2, Westland Scout & a few more.
Would love to see your early work!!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:14 AM
detail junkie

Quote:
Would love to see your early work!!
Thanks to good old mom all real aircraft I built have been rotting in the local garbage dump for over 30 years.

Here is the oldest model that has survived, it's my first kitbash ever done in 1980:

Feels kinda weird - it doesn't seem like thirty years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC_my_first_kitbash.JPG (146.2 KB, 246 views)