Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 PM

youngtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura about
Default New guy built models

Hello All,

I'm a new kid on the block here. My name is Mike Bhangu and I most build aircraft/jets, but I have several armor, Sci-fi, figures, auto, and ships/boats to get to some day. Here is a last model I finish. Due to work it took me off an on two years to complete. It is a 1/32 A-10A N/AW that I build it into What-if. I used Verlinden cockpit set and Cutting Edge exhaust. I scratch build many small details that were missing in the kit. I saw this A-10 in Arctic Camo

And I created it into this....

I did very well with this build. I took it to 5 shows and won 1st place in 3 and 2nd place in 2. Well, I hope you guys will like it and welcome me to your forum. Thank you and happy modeling.

Mike

Last edited by youngtiger1; 04-16-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All
Default Re: New guy built models

Sensational build there. Those prizes are well deserved.

Welcome to R.I.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Wow, that's one hell of a nice build, first class all the way! Love the Warthogs!

Welcome to RI

Mike
Old 04-17-2012, 03:36 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent paint job; the faded camouflage is well done.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

Very nice A-10!

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 04-17-2012, 05:58 PM

darkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant futuredarkimmitator has a brilliant future

Excellent paint work and love the camo scheme .Well done !!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:26 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Superb job Mike! My 1/32 A10 has been sitting on a shelf for 10 (!) years! You've given me some great ideas!

Outstanding----and welcome to RI!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!

Last edited by Neb; 04-18-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:40 AM

youngtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you guys. I'm glad y'all liked it.

Neb, I guess you better get crackin on that before the hog goes wild on your shelf Please, let me know if I can help any. This was my first A-10. A bit tricky to build but it will not be my last since I have 3 A-10A 1/32 in my closet and I know they will be build much faster now that I know my way around it.

BTW, I'll share few more pics with y'all. In these pics the wheels look like they are gloss painted, but they were not. It was just the oil from the rubber tires that kept changing the look of the flat paint. So, I stripped them down and socked the weeks in 70% alcohol over night and painted them again. Which solved this problem.

Last edited by youngtiger1; 04-18-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Very nice build and welcome. Love the tagged covers - nice touch!

Any close ups of the cockpit interior? Looks very detailed.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:21 PM

777, Thank you for your kind words..I do have some close-up of the cockpit shots

And here are some pic of the cockpit before I installed into the kit...

I don't know if any of you care to see this but I reinforced the resin pic from the bottom. I didn't wanted the pic to brake loose and fall in...

Old 04-19-2012, 06:28 AM

armorjim New face in the crowd

Awesome build!!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:42 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Shit me, i'd be well bloody happy with a build like that. Crisp and clean in both build execution and paintwork.
Sharp work sah!

Very sharp indeed, top notch post and welcome aboard
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 04-19-2012, 03:54 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

My goodness Mike! Just outstanding!

A question: I can see that the pinwash is dead on (nice and tight). Did you also preshade as well?

Excellent paint---subtle, subtle, subtle...

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:33 AM

Thank you for your kind words guys. They mean a lot to me.

Neb, I did do some preshade but my first coat went on little heaver then anticipated and pre-shade got lost. So, I did some post-shade. I think, for future projects I'll stick with post shade cause it seem easier to me doing it afterward.

Last edited by youngtiger1; 04-20-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:18 PM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute

A beautiful build of the A-10 that should have been...welcome to RI, Mike. If you have some "in progress" photos of your post shading work, I'd like to see it. I get pre-shading, but I'm not too clear on how post shading works...