Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 06-13-2015, 08:27 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Just gorgeous.

Can we just jump to the "Yes, we want a kit, please make a master" posts?

Cuz I'm pretty sure I'd take one in 1/350...
This could be a partial reality! There is work underway to 3D print these nacelles in their entirety and probably available as a item directly for sale. WhichÖ would make my life with Sentinel so much easier. As for the rest, we'll just have to wait and see as it goes together.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:16 AM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Larger view:
Oh, I'm liking this a lot.
Hanger deck looks a little Enterprise-C like.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:25 AM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
...reminds me of the FASA-designed ship in "The Strider Incident"...
That was a FASA design? I've only ever seen it as a Lt. Kevin Riley mesh.

Last edited by Jim NCC1701A; 06-15-2015 at 01:38 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:00 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim NCC1701A View Post
That was a FASA design? I've only ever seen it as a Lt. Kevin Riley mesh.
Thanks Jim! No, this was originally a design I found on DeviantArt by LordSchtupp:
http://lordschtupp.deviantart.com/ar...-WIP-294962064

I've modified the secondary hull and designed new warp engines but the configuration is roughly the same.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:52 PM
All ahead full

Preliminary bow view is completed tonight:

Old 06-15-2015, 09:05 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Gotta love these 'new' TOS designs!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 06-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Beautiful, clean design, as with your other work!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!

Last edited by Griffworks; 06-16-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:53 PM
I hate Illinois Nazis

Isurus is on a distinguished road

Oh man, that front profile is really stunning! Can't wait to see your work on the physical model. It almost reminds me of a TOS Sovereign Class, which in my opinion was a really slick design.

Last edited by Isurus; 06-16-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:32 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurus View Post
Oh man, that front profile is really stunning! Can't wait to see your work on the physical model. It almost reminds me of a TOS Sovereign Class, which in my opinion was a really slick design.
Thanks! I'm really not trying to retrofit a Sovereign but I do like her lines. Speaking of nice lines...

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:43 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

I like the new touches to the classic uniform. And Andrea Parker is haut!!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 06-17-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:55 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Nice. Very Axanarish.

Ship is gorgeous, too. Cannot wait to buy a copy, er, see the finished model.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:09 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Nice. Very Axanarish.

Ship is gorgeous, too. Cannot wait to buy a copy, er, see the finished model.
Thanks! It's similar to Axanar but it's also a coincidence since their design is based on a tunic concept I created 10 years ago. Alec tells me I'm supposed to get a screen credit . We'll see.

Dave had brilliant idea for a new female uniform that I've got to mock up soon.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:32 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

Yes, very soon.

Any updates on the cruiser? She looks sooo nice. Since you mentioned Axanar, I like your's better than their hero ship. No offense to the Axanar folks intended, but your's looks more Starfleety knowing what we know about the design evolution of Star Fleet ships (just my opinion). It also looks bigger, faster, and probably better armed. Please let us know if you ever get this kitted up.

Bob
Old 06-25-2015, 07:50 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptivaboy View Post

Yes, very soon.

Any updates on the cruiser? She looks sooo nice. Since you mentioned Axanar, I like your's better than their hero ship. No offense to the Axanar folks intended, but your's looks more Starfleety knowing what we know about the design evolution of Star Fleet ships (just my opinion). It also looks bigger, faster, and probably better armed. Please let us know if you ever get this kitted up.

Bob
Thanks Bob! I am still working on the stern view of the plans. But before I begin construction on the Sentinel I will be pulling a mold off the 350 primary Hullof the R2 kit. Since there is almost nothing from the E kit but the inner portions of the primary, the kit is pretty much open for another ship. That "other" ship is what I will start with as a test bed for Sentinel. It will be a modified heavy cruiser - the Hood.

The Axanar designs take a different approach which is fine, with a lean towards the JJ universe.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:35 AM

Kremin will become famous soon enoughKremin will become famous soon enough

As much as I like the design and love all of your builds I would question the registry number for the design, IMHO anything beyond 2000 should be TMP designs