Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Real Space

Real Space Finished build ups of real space-related subjects

Old 05-16-2008, 04:39 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God
Default Saturn V

Ok,i thought i would share this Saturn V i built to the stage it's shown many year's ago.This is the Apogee 1:70 rocket that can fly.I only have built it as a display piece and could never even think of launching it!It's cardboard tube's with wrap's and a few injected piece's also built OOB.It is a pretty nice size standing about 5'3".

Like i said it's been sitting like this for a few year's and my skill level's then were even less than the little skill level's i have now!But anyway i have decided to bring it out and finish it.I never got around to giving it a dull cote so the model is gloss at the moment and now the decal's have started to go off and you can see the clear part on the edge's.So i will be trying to get a new decal sheet and replace them.I also need to redo the large USA one's on the first stage as i placed them to low when i did them.
I got my measurement's out trying to convert the imperial demension's i had to metric!

I also need to make the two tunnel's for the 1b stage as i lost the kit one's year's ago!So my plan is to finaly pull my finger out and finish this thing!I think it will look a bit nicer when it's got the new decal's and layer of dull cote over it.

Anyway for a pretty rough build it still look's ok,i think!

Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008_0516SaturnV0019.JPG (260.6 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_0516SaturnV0018.JPG (311.8 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_0516SaturnV0017.JPG (290.7 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_0516SaturnV0016.JPG (404.9 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_0516SaturnV0015.JPG (453.6 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_0516SaturnV0014.JPG (323.3 KB, 118 views)
Old 05-16-2008, 04:54 AM

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

For sure Mech,i would have loved to seen one of these beastie's launch from the cape!
They were the day's alright!

Phil
Old 05-16-2008, 08:24 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Very cool!!! I like.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Bloody hell, where were you hiding that thing when I was over at your place the other week, Phil? Is that what the second garage in the back yard was for?

Cool model. Also a great scale for adding some subtle weathering effects, bird turds etc. How cool would a matching launch tower and crawler be?

Mike, Oz
Old 05-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Still lurking about....

Loneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to all

Sweeeeet.....

The mighty Saturn. I tell ya, people never really get a sense of just how MASSIVE this rocket was until they're standing next to the first stage. I got such a chance at the Johnson Space Center last year, and the sheer magnitude of this rocket when seeing it for the first time blows your mind!

Can't wait to see your progress on it, Wombat!
Old 05-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

" That was some 'little jolt'... "
Old 05-16-2008, 11:57 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Well it looks pretty good for a starter so if your going to improve on it then it's going to be a peach for certain!
Very cool, not going to miss that bugger when someone walks in the room
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Ahead of the curve

Scorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of All

Gorgeous Wombat! She looks great!
Old 05-16-2008, 01:52 PM

Thank's for the nice word's Gang,much appreciated!

Have to agree Mike,a Lut and crawler would look very COOL mate.If ya ever get tired of working on the big G perhaps ya would like to build me one!

LK,i've also been fortunate enough to have seen two of these beastie's in real life.The one at JSC(pre resto) and the restored one at KSC.They sure are an awesome sight to see.Everthing about it is MASSIVE alright and that they use to launch these thing's seem's unbelievable when you see the size of em!

Raytheon,big is beautiful Mate and it does stand out maybe a little bit,like a Saturn V should!

Phil
Old 05-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

Hey thats great. nice and big. need to head to houston to tour the space center now. ill take some pics when i go.

Al
Old 05-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Not to scale

robn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of All

Cool! I love anything Apollo. That thing has great detail, it'll make a fine
display model.

Rick Sternbach should be able to help with decals Space Model Systems.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modman06 View Post
Hey thats great. nice and big. need to head to houston to tour the space center now. ill take some pics when i go.

Al
Thank's Al,I know the one at JSC has had a bit of a clean up since i last seen her.She was in a little bit rough from being in the weather for so long and it good to know she is out of the element's at last.Some pic's would be great if you do get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn1 View Post
Cool! I love anything Apollo. That thing has great detail, it'll make a fine
display model.

Rick Sternbach should be able to help with decals Space Model Systems.

Thank's Rob,the Apollo era was an exciting time for sure!I have already emailed Apogge about another decal set but have not heard back from them yet.I checked out that site but didn't see a 1:70 set listed although i read at the bottom that custom decals can be done.

Phil
Old 06-21-2008, 03:49 AM

Ok,bit of an update on the Saturn V rework!
All the decals that needed to be replaced have been removed.They were bugger's to get off and in the end i had to wet rub em to get em off.that led to another problem when i rubbed through enough to be able to see primer through the white.
I also have to respray some of the black section's as i had to remove decals from them also and had resort to wet rubbing them also.

Ok,what i've done so far is this,All the white has been resprayed to the rocket section's that had been wet rubbed,these included the area's where the large USA decals are on the 1st stage and the whole of the second stage have been resprayed white.
A member here at RI put me onto a product called Alclad,which are metal finish airbrush paint's.Awesome product indeed,cheer's Tom!
So i have tried a bit out on the F1 motor's,the Fin's and also the little thruster's on the SM!I also used it on the SM itself,but the result is not the same as this is made with a light cardbord wrap.Or maybe i just fucked up!!!
One of the tunnel's i lost for the 1b stage is made and ready to be attached.

So i hope to be masking the black section's that need to be redone within the next day or so and redo the 1b stage then that should be the end of the respraying then!!

The pic's aren't to great but they are on par with the rework! LOL!!

Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008_0621SaturnV0002.JPG (434.4 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_0621SaturnV0003.JPG (372.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_0621SaturnV0004.JPG (422.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_0621SaturnV0005.JPG (422.4 KB, 75 views)
Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Thats looking great!! Can't wait to see the rest.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Model Psycho

Damien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of All
Thumbs up

Looks great Phil!!
Keep up the good work!

Tom