Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models WIPs of all other types of models

Old 12-14-2012, 06:51 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HO structures

bunch of progress made on things and the layout...have some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3078.JPG (1.44 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3079.JPG (1.94 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3080.JPG (2.58 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3081.JPG (2.24 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3082.JPG (2.44 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3083.JPG (2.61 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3084.JPG (2.26 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3085.JPG (3.07 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3086.JPG (2.03 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3087.JPG (2.00 MB, 3 views)
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 12-15-2012, 03:51 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

the post office for Ocean Shores...not really, but it looks right and will fit with the rest of that town. on the left in back is a loading dock, barely visible, this will be lighted, as there is a full interior in it, can just see the girl waiting to be helped at the counter, and the caged windows found in an older post office. the staircase to the postmasters apartment is soldered brass and will have wood treads on it.brass chain holding the sign, flag waving in the breeze, and the widows walk is soldered brass, cast metal chimney...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3089.JPG (2.45 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3090.JPG (2.43 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3091.JPG (2.59 MB, 2 views)
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 12-18-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:23 PM
the many faces one

a steam Eire B2 crane...a flatcar load wip with a 20 ton Shay as a load, both are brass, and lastly, a coal or materials conveyer.
scratchbuilt model T, non operational railtruck. shack is a modifyed kit, wood and metal, medium weathering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3093.JPG (2.47 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3094.JPG (2.41 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3095.JPG (2.27 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3099.JPG (2.81 MB, 4 views)
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 12-29-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:07 PM
the many faces one

inspection locomotive...I cant seem to ever get ahold of a brass production model of one...so, Ill build my own. round house MDC 36 foot coach makes the body, Im adding a small tender cause I like the way it looks, 060 frame will become an 062, the black thing in front is a gearbox for power, to the right is the boilerfront, and a compressor thats going on. roof is askew so you can see the boilerfront and light, will have a bell to the side, under the roof, Im adding steps to the rear.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3097.JPG (2.01 MB, 3 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-06-2013, 12:45 PM
the many faces one

scratchbuilt HO guage, for a 20x20 railroad layout. the Orca's Toy II fishing scow, drag netter. the net is a scrap of, lol, fishnets from the ex wife...beads make the floats, a bent piece of sprue for the davit. carved wood hull.

1.5 ton Diamond T truck, took off the roof, since Im modeling it after a vintage photo of a similar truck used in Colville in the 20s. the chassis next to it, is a brass 4-6-4 Im restoring and repowering. way in the back is the shay flatcar load.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3109.JPG (2.71 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3110.JPG (2.53 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3116.JPG (1.66 MB, 1 views)
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 01-14-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:10 PM
the many faces one

Ocean Park station

one days work on Ocean Parks tiny passenger station...this is going to get an interior, furniture, a stove, lights...as it will be very close to the edge of the layout. slightly modifyed Branchline kit.

day two, its as done as I can make it for now....
in order to complete the roof, I need the lights, and to put it in place...so, its done for now. getting shake shingles when I do put them on, and additional gingerbread molding at the end of the roof. there is a pot belly stove inside attatched to the pipe, a desk you cant see, and a phone on the wall next to the door...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3122.JPG (2.03 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3123.JPG (2.02 MB, 2 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 PM
the many faces one

almost half of the Emma minehead, the real mine was located near Eholt in Canada on the Kettle river, just across the border and upriver from the next nearest mine, the United copper mine just downriver in the US. Ive already built some small timber ore cars marked for United copper, and I have some narrow guage ore cars for Emma.

this is the forelegs of the derrick and half of the ore bunker. back and right side.

progress on the mine...its deviated a tad from the prototype, I had to for site reasons...but its close to the original
Im thinking about whitewashing letters on it to say "united copper", across and above the loading chute, after the Kettle river mine just on the US side of the border in Washington state. On the right, will get planked, and a staircase to that one beam sticking out, gonna leave most of the top of the orebin open, a few random planks across it. Theres a chute the drops into the bin yet to build, and the shaft as well and then the backstay and its bracing, then the buildings...Ill be installing it next time up to the layout and building the hillside it sits on.

stained, more in general completed, upper ore chute done and on, yes its metal clad...started on the back leg supports

United Copper. shaft is done and on, pretty much all of the backstay leg bracing is in place, note the cat in the background, and Ill be making a shaped foam insert to go inside the ore bin, so when I pour in "ore" it will look full without using a ton of scenic material. down to rigging the bucket hoist, bin door and lettering the front and installing it on the layout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3125.JPG (2.83 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3126.JPG (3.45 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3131.JPG (2.79 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3132.JPG (2.44 MB, 2 views)
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 01-25-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:27 PM
the many faces one

old 042 English loco kit I aquired and am repurposing. its going to be mostly original, but Ive added a toolbox, bell, whistle and planning to add a headlight, a snowplow and a US style rear endframe and put her to work on a logging spur. Ive always loved these British tank locos, and now I haz one.

Ill finish it tomorrow....let everything dry and cure. I have the rear endframe Im going to use, but no plow for the front. her name, Lynn...not sure the lumber companies name yet, prolly something fictional, yet realavent to the northeast corner of WA..
shes as done as I can make her till the snowplow arrives...aside from that, a coupler on the back. Im still thinkin bout adding an air tank and compressor...headlight will be mounted on the plow. Lumber company is actually real, but they never had one of these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3133.JPG (2.41 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3134.JPG (2.10 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3135.JPG (2.43 MB, 1 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-28-2013, 12:07 PM
the many faces one

mine out of context...cause its like, ya know...not installed on the layout yet...
United Copper, and the 042 I just built, with a random GN stock car, since I dont have any ore cars here, theyre all up on the layout waiting for the mine...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3136.JPG (2.57 MB, 1 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-30-2013, 06:37 PM
the many faces one

for the United Copper mine, the hoist house's power...a stripped down and reconfigured Climax locomotive is now providing the power and hoisting effort for the mine. there will be a mostly open framed pole building over this to protect it from the weather and give the hoist operator some dryness to maintain his locomitive in. there will be a pipe coming out of the hillside behind and into the vat for water, and to the right side will be a fuel bunker built on the ground under the roof. Ill add steps on the right side where the broken chair is. locomotive frame will be on blocks at its downhill end (the end with the steps on it). I still have some details to add, and the water line and hand crank pump supplying the engine, but this part is pretty much done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3140.JPG (2.17 MB, 2 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 AM

KWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the rough

http://www.resinilluminati.com/attac...1&d=1355536211

I really like this stone factory or warehouse, whatever it is, at the right of this image. Is it scratchbuild or commercial building? Nice weathering, by the way.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 AM
the many faces one

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSTAS View Post
http://www.resinilluminati.com/attac...1&d=1355536211

I really like this stone factory or warehouse, whatever it is, at the right of this image. Is it scratchbuild or commercial building? Nice weathering, by the way.
thx! I feel its a factory of some sort, perhaps producing pulse cannons for outfitting Stuka.
(Trek joke) I dont remember the name of the maker, but its a kitbash, with the walls coming from a small manufacturer in the US, I think they sell on ebay only. they have a number of kits that use the same parts. the scratched stuff are some of the plumbing, water tank on the roof and details. the roof water tank is a cut in half cash register tape spool that takes liquid cement very well and glues to styrene sheet nicely.
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 02-02-2013, 06:05 PM
the many faces one

stone storage building, goes in the town adjoining the copper mine...

mine in its natural habitat...

last photo is the lift out, a necessary evil on an endless loop type layout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3141.JPG (2.01 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3144.JPG (2.14 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3145.JPG (2.53 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3146.JPG (2.77 MB, 1 views)
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 02-05-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:46 PM
the many faces one

if this were still an active line, the MOW crews would have a pretty good days work clearing this common springtime sight...

HO, and the fisherman was temporarily removed from his boat for some painting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3147.JPG (2.50 MB, 2 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 04-15-2013, 06:23 PM
the many faces one

finally have batteries and net to post on...been busy and gotten things done on the layout, I dont have pics of all of it, finished a few new cars like a second blacksmith car that belongs to the mine, several coaches...a few "new" refurbished repowered brass engines...ect.

the mine site has gotten more complete, and the liftout further downline has gotten way more complete.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3162.JPG (3.02 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM3163.JPG (2.96 MB, 2 views)
www.moorcatarts.com