Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models WIPs of all other types of models

Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Canuck with the truck.

=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light
Default The Roundhouse.

As the name implies this will be where I'll be posting my model railroad locomotive projects.

To start with I have a Mantua logging engine in for repairs, and remodeling. I bought this engine from Moorcat and I'm now putting my own spin on it.

Modifications so far.
Removed un-needed "wooden" center dome [white spot is where I patched the hole]
Removed air tanks. Might relocate them under the cab or redo the running boards and have them there.
Added generator exhaust pipe [red wire]

What it used to look like.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6454911/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04042.JPG (143.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04043.JPG (119.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: The Roundhouse.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with this. I always loved articulateds

MORE!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Canuck with the truck.

=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with this. I always loved articulateds

MORE!
Thanks Cat. The other night I cut holes in the back of the cab for rear facing windows.Next thing I'm going to try is enlarge the fuel bunker since it's much smaller than the photo I'm working from. The saddle tank need to be enlarged too since it's too small for an engine of this size but I'm not sure how to do it.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Canuck with the truck.

figured I'd dust this off with an update. Recently got my hands on a brass 4-4-0 style steam engine HO scale. Model was manufactured in Japan so I'm guessing it's probably of 60's or 70's vintage. Good news is after some careful disassemble I was able to access the old open frame and get it running so I don't need to re-power it right away but that's something that will eventually be done to it.

The rear tender deck, and steps apparently broke off prior to shipping so I'll have to fix that. The front pilot came off when I tried to straighten it back out. The smoke-box front and headlight were in need of repair before I bought it so I knew that was coming. Not in the photo's is the angled number boards that are suppose to be near the stack. I removed one after it showed up with the other one missing. Something of a bummer for me as I had wanted to use them.

Work to be done:

1/ Change front pilot to conform with C.N designs
2/ Relocate air pump to pilot deck
3/ Install feedwater heater
4/ Add C.N triangular smoke-box number board
5/ Fabricate C.N styled enclosed cab
6/ Build square style tender
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04432.JPG (1.14 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04433.JPG (129.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04434.JPG (124.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04435.JPG (125.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04436.JPG (118.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04438.JPG (121.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04439.JPG (129.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04440.JPG (128.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04441.JPG (126.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04442.JPG (128.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by =Northern Wolf=; 07-21-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:34 PM
Canuck with the truck.

Minor update here. Currently have the paint stripped off the brass 440 so I can have a clean surface to work with when it comes time to adding the parts and modifications. I had also originally thought to move the air compressor to the pilot deck but now I'm contemplating cut a section of the left side walk way and relocate it to the left side of the boiler. If anyone has any input that would be great.

Also on the bench and being worked along side the brass engine is an equally as old cast 442 Atlantic. As you can see in the photo's I've stripped the paint off of it as well and used a wire wheel to clean it up some. Not really planning any major work on that one. Just plan to repaint it and move the bell to the mounting on the top front of the smoke box and drill a hole in the center of the smoke box to mount the headlight casting and to allow a working head light to be installed. I'm contemplating weather or not I'll make a new cab for it since the original one just doesn't fit in with the region I'm modelling. Also not sure if I'll reuse it's tender or try and scratch build yet another tender for it.

So many tenders to build. Lucky for me the original tender for the brass one can be reused with another locomotive I got from moorcat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04449.JPG (104.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04450.JPG (100.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04451.JPG (109.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04452.JPG (111.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04453.JPG (113.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04454.JPG (107.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04455.JPG (113.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-16-2014, 10:57 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Sweet!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 08-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Canuck with the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Sweet!
Thank you very much. If you have any input on how I could improve the appearance of the models that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:16 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

can I...tender....my resignation as yer supplier? *giggles* sorry, had to...tender...that comment. tenders....I have a couple extras...but not sure if any will be availible or not yet, as I have my own projects that may need them. as for building....get started...cause just wait n see whats in yer box o doom I have here for you.
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 AM
Canuck with the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorcat View Post
can I...tender....my resignation as yer supplier? *giggles* sorry, had to...tender...that comment. tenders....I have a couple extras...but not sure if any will be available or not yet, as I have my own projects that may need them. as for building....get started...cause just wait n see whats in yer box o doom I have here for you.
That was bad. And you should feel bad about doing that.

Well if you have some spares that are in a style that I can use that would other wise be collecting dust that would be cool. As for getting started on building some That's going to be a touch difficult since the local hobby shop that supplies the brass I need is going out of businesses. I've got some of the base materiel but not enough nor the full list of what I'll need.

Going off a materiel's list from an article in a MR magazine from the late 90's.