Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 09-14-2016, 07:19 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Hood Class Battlecruiser

Hot damn that looks good.

I have a request or at least I would like to have your input. Seeing how you can design and redesign stuff that actually looks like it belongs in universe; would you consider designing a field jacket for your late tos crew?
Old 09-15-2016, 07:31 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Hot damn that looks good.

I have a request or at least I would like to have your input. Seeing how you can design and redesign stuff that actually looks like it belongs in universe; would you consider designing a field jacket for your late tos crew?
That's a great suggestion. I have not done a field jacket design before so this should be fun! Other than in "The Cage" and not until TMP do we see inclement weather gear. I think it's time we see a TOS away team jacket!
Old 09-15-2016, 07:10 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Awesome! whatever you come up with will be great.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:17 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Initial work this weekend began with the printing of orthographic views to scale of the model. The secondary hull was sectioned following the same proportions as was done on the 1:1000 study model along with the lower cove and hangar overhang trimming. A laser guide aided in the marking around the hull. Brass tubing for the keel is currently being measured and cut:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-19-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:35 PM
Imperial

Exellent. Seems like we see this kind of shot then turn around and it's already finished.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:38 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Exellent. Seems like we see this kind of shot then turn around and it's already finished.
Thank you. You must turn around very slowly - the last one took eight months!
Old 09-18-2016, 06:05 PM
Imperial

Hey! My rotation speed will remain undisclosed at this time!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:02 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Eight months?!

Time flies when you are having fun!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 09-19-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:58 PM
All ahead full

Weekend Update: Brass armature work completed following a resupply of K&S tubing. The sections of brass were cut and pinned to the plans - mounted on a cork board - then soldered in place.

Hull components were test fitted:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-19-2017 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:25 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Awesome:
1) Is the Secondary hull being shortened for this? (Is it shortened in that final pic?)
2) Armature for nacelle support (pylon internal skeleton) looks... "simpler"?... than the last project (Sentinel). Just my imagination, or is this actually simplified?
3) What are you using for soldering equipment again?

Best-
-SF
Old 10-02-2016, 06:01 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Truly a peak behind the Master's curtain.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 10-02-2016, 06:33 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Awesome:
1) Is the Secondary hull being shortened for this? (Is it shortened in that final pic?)
2) Armature for nacelle support (pylon internal skeleton) looks... "simpler"?... than the last project (Sentinel). Just my imagination, or is this actually simplified?
3) What are you using for soldering equipment again?

Best-
-SF
Thanks!

1) Yes, the secondary hull was sectioned and about 1.5" removed. You can see the blue tape holding the forward section to the aft end in the area near the support stand. These haven't been joined yet.

2) Correct, I did simplify this armature from what I had planned to do and quite a bit from the Sentinel design. Since this hull is little more compact and narrow than the S, I decided to economize but without losing any integrity. The pylon 'ladder' frame is the same as the S.

3) I'm using a BernzOmatic ST250 Micro Torch and rosin-core solder. It's a cute little $20 kit from Lowes/Home Depot.
http://www.bernzomatic.com/product/s...cro-torch-kit/
Old 10-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Imperial

Fantastic work as usual Admiral.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:04 PM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

I can't wait to see more of this ship!