Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 09-14-2016, 07:30 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 USS Repulse - TOS Heavy Destroyer

More artwork, this time for the Builder's Plaque. This will be laser cut and etched by LaserFire Creations just as the Sentinel plaque to be mounted on the base.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-10-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:28 PM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

Will the building schedule of the Repulse be to have it launched for WonderFest 2017?
Old 09-15-2016, 08:28 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief D.D. Maxwell View Post
Will the building schedule of the Repulse be to have it launched for WonderFest 2017?
Yes! This is the current building schedule for WF17 - Hood and Repulse.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:35 AM
All ahead full

I know things have been quiet in the Repulse construction dock lately but rest assured the design bureau has been hard at work. The Builders Plaque was ordered a few months ago and is completed:

Several renders of the design were roughed up for fun while the 3D model undergoes a complete overhaul to be readied for printing:

Some early images from JT as the hull modules are remastered:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:33 AM
All ahead full

I guess I've been behind in Repulse updates. Sorry for the overload!

Additional images of the remastered deflector dish and it's components - finished for printing:

For Christmas I acquired my very own mini-3D printer and I tried a test print of a small 3D logo shield I mocked in Sketchup. This could be cleaned up and used as a stand for a 1:1000 or 2500 version of Repulse:

A few other fun renders of R along with friends. Seen here with two new concept ships to be developed at Tycho in the near future, the Arielle and 971:

One of Repulse's N-Type craft, the Halsey.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-10-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Fantastic. Love the group shot and I do hope we see a nice model of that shuttle some day... Because, man- it rocks!!!

AdmiralBuck- for your consideration.. Have you ever thought about flipping Repulse upside down? I was just looking at the last shot and it does really work inverted. Sort of like a more modern take on a derf/andor type ship. Think it could work- you could have all that surface area on the sponsons to work in planetary survey equipment. But, hey, it's just a thought.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:38 AM
All ahead full

Thanks Warrior! Repulse was specifically designed to have an underslung nacelle configuration as all of my previous ships so far have been designed with upswept pylons. I'm sure it can be reworked upside down and that could the basis for yet another ship design but for now we're proceeding as planned.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Roger that. Carry on Admiral. more please.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

What are the odds of a 1/72 kit of that shuttle....?

Old 01-09-2017, 06:26 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

What are the odds of kits, period!?

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 01-09-2017, 06:54 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
What are the odds of kits, period!?
Exactly my question too. I wish I had an answer for that. I do not.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:09 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Then until such a wondrous time, we shall all have to live vicariously through you!

Old 03-01-2017, 08:34 AM
All ahead full

1:350 scaled plans printed and brass assembled to begin the scratch-building of her armature. I'm proceeding as if I'll not get the 3D printed parts in time for WF. I'm hopeful but with less than 100 days to WF17 and on hold for parts for Hood, I'm also very anxious. If the 3D comes through, I'll jump on it. In the meantime, the Yard is doing double duty.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:00 PM

From small beginnings, come grand things...

Old 03-06-2017, 09:06 AM
All ahead full

Weekend progress on fabricating the R's main hull from sheet styrene. The largest piece was cut from .125 sheet with a jigsaw to fashion the bottom plate. Some liberties were taken with the lower primary hull as it will have a flattened bottom, much like the Sentinel and Wasp which really allows for more interior room - especially nice for a smaller ship. The primary hull is the same diameter as the Sentinel (12.5") as a small, heavy destroyer class. Since only a portion of it is visible, it didn't make sense to recast a top upper half which is also flat at the perimeter. So, the primary and the rest of the hull is made from .060 sheet. I also began scratching the upper hull sponsons.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 06:53 AM.