Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Anime

Anime Anime WIPs

Old 04-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Zeta Gundam WIP

I finally got the energy up to go work in my new model area and I decided to work on my newest aquisition HG 1/144th scale MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam.

Now I picked this up at a local antiques/junk store for 5 bucks. I was worried at first since it did say as is on the box. Come to find out, it was only missing 1 polycap, and a non-essential one at that.

All that was done tonight was dry fit the model (definitely far from done), she is pretty much all there, the color is a little off in the pictures, the "black" parts are actually a blue-ish/grey.

here are the pics...

Zeta05.jpg

Zeta04.jpg

Zeta03.jpg

Zeta02.jpg

Zeta01.jpg

and a sneak peek at the other project I want to tackle this month....got it for 10 bucks at the same junk store...

F20.jpg

The F-20 Tigershark...I have always loved this little plane and have wanted a model of it forever and I finally got it...

Last edited by Talen; 04-15-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

I think I've got a Zeta and a Zugock 'E' lying around somewhere that I picked up in Hong Kong back in the 90's.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Very KEWL Dan! I like it!

I am looking forward to your F-20 build too!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 04-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute

Rob...who is Rob...I'm Dan
Old 04-16-2008, 06:37 PM

boba flint is a glorious beacon of lightboba flint is a glorious beacon of lightboba flint is a glorious beacon of lightboba flint is a glorious beacon of lightboba flint is a glorious beacon of lightboba flint is a glorious beacon of lightboba flint is a glorious beacon of lightboba flint is a glorious beacon of lightboba flint is a glorious beacon of lightboba flint is a glorious beacon of lightboba flint is a glorious beacon of light

I luv the Zeta! I also like your avitar.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Chef in Training

I'm not so into the red, white and blue scheme for the Gundam, so to all of you...what you suggest the paint scheme should be?
Old 04-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Chef in Training

thats one vote for greys and blues...anyone else have a suggestion...I know you guys must have an opinion..
Old 04-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Red face OOPS!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talen View Post
Rob...who is Rob...I'm Dan
Dan.... I am sorry my friend. I will not make that mistake again.

Thanks for clearing the two up for me mech.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 04-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Chef in Training

Hey Kurt...its ok...I just thought I was having an identity crisis for sec...

Bumping for more paint suggestions...
Old 04-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Chef in Training

well...due to the down time I'll give this one more poke for color scheme suggestions...though I haven't worked on anything this week due to my left shoulder has been screaming in pain..when only when I want to use it normally like lift something.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Chef in Training

Thanks mech for the suggestions you gave...I guess no one else had an opinion...kinda odd for this place, but oh well.

Worked on this for a couple hours this evening. Its amazing how working on a model can re-energize you, I was totally beat tonight (it was a pour day at the foundry), but I decided to drag myself out to the garage and within minutes I was feeling better.

No pics tonight (wife is using the camera for bead business work), but I started glueing and detailing parts.

I added a panel on each of the front armor skirts,

I filled a gap between the main body and the cockpit.

I covered a joint that is used in transformation (its not going to transform) in the shield and added detail panels. It still needs sanding to blend it in better.

I added seed beads to the rear armor skirt to add detail to the thrusters (so they just don't look like holes).

I sanded the V-fin antenna to make the points sharper.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Chef in Training

Primed some of the parts...found out that one of my added on panels is just slightly off, but its an easy fix.

Also in the pictures you can see my home made parts holder for spray painting...its made of a board that had been lying around in the garage of my old duplex, some wood skewers, clothes pins and duct tape...all of about 3 bucks to make...though the duct tape is kind weak, so I need to go get some better tape and re-tape all of the clothes pins.

prime02.jpg

prime03.jpg

prime04.jpg

prime05.jpg
Old 05-17-2008, 01:49 AM
Chef in Training

worked a little on this tonight, added some accents to the feet and head, and glued together the gun...not really a whole lot of progress, but better than I have done of late
Old 08-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Chef in Training

Default Re: Zeta Gundam WIP

I've finally got out of my slump and started working on models again...maybe that job was not as great of a thing than I thought it was.

I'll have some pictures tomorrow, did a little putty work, mainly filling in seams. The majority of the night was spent in scratch building a scope for the Gundam's rifle..

There will be pictures tomorrow
Old 08-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Chef in Training

Default Re: Zeta Gundam WIP

Here a picture of what I worked on last night...I hope it looks like a rifle scope..

ZetaGun01.jpg