Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Anime

Anime Anime WIPs

Old 01-29-2009, 04:34 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default EDF Intercepor upgrade WIP

I've been doing this one for a while, and I'm finally close to paint!
Here's how it started.

This is after quite a bit more work. I cut the stern off and placed the exhaust from an SR-71 in its place - Perfect Fit!

I changed the guns to some scratch built turrets and redid the command tower.

Then to now

As long as my airbrush works, I should be done pretty soon.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: EDF Intercepor upgrade WIP

I like. which Anime is this from again? Space ship Yamato or ... I can't remember the other one.... it's driving me mad!!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:35 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

That look great!! Always been a fan of Star Blazers or Space Ship Yamato , can wait to see how it comes out.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

STAR BLAZERS!!! that's the one. AAahhhhh. So which is this one from?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:58 PM

CanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the rough

They're one and the same. Star Blazers is the name they used when they imported Space Battleship Yamato into the US in the late 1970's. Nice upgrade to the Konigsberg.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:39 AM
Mostly Harmless

^ A-Ha! Is that a "G-Force" / "Gatchaman" type thing or just a different name?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

I'm diggin' it - nice upgrade job going on here!

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 01-30-2009, 04:12 PM

CanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the rough

They made some changes when they brought it to the US, character names changes, censorship of violence, drinking. etc... The dubbing is quite annoying and is much better with subtitles IMHO.
http://www.starblazers.com/home.php Good website on the series
Old 01-30-2009, 05:27 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future

I love this stuff. Great Job.
You should check out what this guy does in Japan in this genre.
http://www.geocities.jp/dourakuoyadi/index.html
Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 AM
Mostly Harmless

thanks canis & john, excellent web sites!
Old 01-31-2009, 05:08 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

JohnLogan, that is my inspiration right there!
I love what he does to those ships, and seeing as how I'll never ever get one of those - I'm doing the next best thing!
Old 01-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Mostly Harmless

Question Re: EDF Intercepor upgrade WIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanisD View Post
They made some changes when they brought it to the US, character names changes, censorship of violence, drinking. etc... The dubbing is quite annoying and is much better with subtitles IMHO.
http://www.starblazers.com/home.php Good website on the series
hi canisD, apart from the poor dubbing, is the Star Blazers series 1-3 exactly the same series as "The Yamato collection" without any editing etc?
Old 01-31-2009, 09:00 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

I think there were some small changes in the story line of Star Blazer but for the most part the story were the same but not ever seeing the Yamato series i can't say for sure what the changes are.

I have all three seasons of Star Blazer The Quest for Iscandzr and The Comet Empire which are the best known in the US and i think the dubbing and rewrite was pretty good.

Now for season three The Bolar Wars or sometime call the lost season because it did'nt get much play here in the US. I don't think this series was as good as the first two series because the rewrite and dubbing was done by differen people some of the same people who did Speed Racer.

If you can find it there a great documentary called Space Battleship Yomato The Making of an Anime Legend which i have and its go in to great detail of how the whole thing was made.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Mostly Harmless

Well, I might just get that Star Blazers "Iscandar" series from the web site CanisD gave. The two I remember most from my childhood was Starblazers and G-Force.

Don't get me started on G-Force. I would love to get the series for that, but frankly it is fucking confusing. As far as I can make out, there is Gatchaman, G-Force and Battle of the Planets. I have no idea which one I should get... sorry - rant over, back to the thread!!

Tiberious, any updates?
Old 02-01-2009, 02:02 AM

I never really saw the english version of Yamato because it aired originally right as I was getting out of school for the day back in '79 and I'd always get home just in time for the closing credits. Everything I've heard though is that the general stories are the same, but the Japanese version is more "adult" with regards to violence and story and the spiritual nature of the Yamato. Overall I think the second season was the best. The first one was shortened due to budget cuts and they take most of the series just leaving our solar system, then the trip to Iscandar & Gamilon is quite quick. The third season was cut as well, and the story is rather disjointed apparently. I have the first two seasons, and the third is in my Netflix queue. The second season with the Comet Empire has the best fleet battles of the series, IMO and the EDF ships look the most interesting of any of the seasons.