Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Anime

Anime Anime WIPs

Old 09-27-2009, 11:35 AM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New project. PK424 "Bussard" Ma.K vessel(Kind of...). ***EXTREMELY IMAGE HEAVY***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhn Global View Post
Barry..... duuuuuuuuuuude!

So.... THESE beauties are through YOU then? I would love to post this beastie in the Gallery under your area.
Well the "WIP" half-painted version is going to Japan to be painted by one of the foremost painters around. All i am asking of the guy for the "free copy" is that he paint it well, and send me high res pics!
When that is done, i will send you copies of the images for the gallery!
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 09-27-2009, 11:55 AM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All
Default Re: New project. PK424 "Bussard" Ma.K vessel(Kind of...). ***EXTREMELY IMAGE HEAVY***

Like it Bar.

You've made a few there. Any for sale ???

Old 09-27-2009, 12:13 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki5150 View Post
Like it Bar.

You've made a few there. Any for sale ???

Kind of...
My SEVERE lack of casting skill(And no pressure casting equipment), means i made the hulls with open molds(There's a rubber plug suspended of the open mold so the hull is "hollow").
So, the facings of the hull halves(Where they meet in the middle), needs a fair bit of finishing.
Because of these "issues" with the parts, i am a bit hesitant to call the parts "a kit".
They are a base for a competent model maker to build a bussard...
I have been trying to pick up a few of the Toys R Us True heroes F-22(Available in TRU stores in the UK). And those are about 20. If you sight one on your travels if you are passing a TRU store, i will trade a set of Bussard parts for one.
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
Old 09-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar View Post
Well the "WIP" half-painted version is going to Japan to be painted by one of the foremost painters around. All i am asking of the guy for the "free copy" is that he paint it well, and send me high res pics!
When that is done, i will send you copies of the images for the gallery!
SWEEEEEET!

What is the name of the artists in Japan doing the paintup?

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox

Last edited by Kuhn Global; 09-28-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:41 PM

adama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Bar, if it's Linc slinging the brush you're in for a treat! I hang with him in T-minus 6 weeks!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adama View Post
Hey Bar, if it's Linc slinging the brush you're in for a treat! I hang with him in T-minus 6 weeks!

That's what i am hoping!
I have been so very impressed with Lin.K's work, i asked if he would like one to paint up! It will be worth it just to get the images he takes!!!
I hope he isn't lowering himself to paint a Bussard!!!

By the time you get there Jason, i expect he will have finished the thing!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Keep up the good work Barry. This looks to be one sweet project. Who knows maybe through a combined effort this could become a legit kit. its not true Ma.K so no holds barred.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
Keep up the good work Barry. This looks to be one sweet project. Who knows maybe through a combined effort this could become a legit kit. its not true Ma.K so no holds barred.
Yep.
not really Ma.K at all!!!
Maybe i should have used more kit parts!
Or even a couple of greeblies!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Nah that takes the fun away for the rest. You just wait and see...
Old 09-30-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
Nah that takes the fun away for the rest. You just wait and see...
I do look forward to that.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:21 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

so any updates Barry?

~Pete~
Old 02-02-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
so any updates Barry?
Not really.
The idea was to slice the two halves apart and make them top and bottom vacform bucks.
The real stumbling block right now is that i had terrible joint pains in my fingers a few weeks back, went to see the doctor about it and have been diagnosed as having a fairly acute form of arthritis in both hands.
It's agony to even type right now.
So unless the swelling goes down, i might never get back to making models.
Here are the latest images i took a while back:

Last edited by bar; 02-02-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:38 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Sorry to hear that Barry, hope your better soon and back at it!

~Pete~
Old 02-02-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
Sorry to hear that Barry, hope your better soon and back at it!

Thanks Pete.
Don't sweat it though.
If it doesn't get better, i'll just have to live with it. No big deal. There are other things i enjoy doing besides modelling, so i'd just have to switch to them.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

holy shit Barry! That doesn't sound good at all! I hope something can be done. I don't know if it's too late, but Glucosamine may be something you might want to look at. The studies aren't great, but still a 10 to 17% increase in pain relief. two articles that may interest you: http://www.quackwatch.com/01Quackery...ucosamine.html

and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucosamine

I take a liquid form for prevention, fuck knows if it will work or not!