Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 11-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Tracy Mann

Default Re: U.S.S. Copernicus From Star Trek Phase II "Blood and Fire"

This is not going to be a kit. However, Thomas Sasser has been given permission to kit the Copernicus by James Cawley from Star Trek: Phase II. He will be do his kit via PNT Models through Federation Models in 1/1000 scale.

As I said earlier in the thread, this 1/650 build is just a practice run to learn my way around the ship. I plan to build another one in 1/350 and completley light it.

Tracy

Last edited by Tracy Mann; 11-02-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

This is beautiful Tracy! Nicely done sir!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 11-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Tracy Mann

Sorry folks, no new pix.

I'll be away from my hobbyroom, so this project will be on hold for a while. I've been called back to work by American Airlines and will be in refresher flight training for the better part of the next two months. I'll try to get some head-way on the project whenever I can jump on a jet and head home for a weekend to spend some time with the family. I'll try to post new pix whenever I've made some progress.

JT Graphics is putting the finishing touches on the decal graphics, and Absolute Models is rendering the base design for the display stand the model will be mounted on.

Thanks for tunning into this thread and all the kind remarks on this very fun project.

Tracy

Last edited by Tracy Mann; 11-09-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

Well, I'm back on these forums after 3 years and I'm glad to be back on. This project has been done since early 2010. It was the study build for a 1/350 scale version. I have the extra 1/350 kit, the extra lighting kit and the additional tools to pull it off - the biggest being a vacu-form table to make the secondary hull hollow and lightable.

Here's a few highlights after I received JT's test decals from my last addition to this thread some years ago...

Priming
http://s676.photobucket.com/user/Tra...l?sort=6&o=152

Copper details.
http://s676.photobucket.com/user/Tra...l?sort=6&o=159

JT Graphics deflector dish
http://s676.photobucket.com/user/Tra...l?sort=6&o=161

Rust Ring base color
http://s676.photobucket.com/user/Tra...l?sort=6&o=162

Using a circular stitching screen to make a paneling template.
http://s676.photobucket.com/user/Tra...l?sort=6&o=155

Pre-shading the hull...
secondary hull
http://s676.photobucket.com/user/Tra...l?sort=6&o=165

primary hull, reducing the rust ring effect.
http://s676.photobucket.com/user/Tra...l?sort=6&o=166

JT Graphics Bussard vains painted.
http://s676.photobucket.com/user/Tra...l?sort=6&o=168

Finished model
http://s676.photobucket.com/user/Tra...l?sort=6&o=184

Rear
http://s676.photobucket.com/user/Tra...l?sort=6&o=183

Side
http://s676.photobucket.com/user/Tra...l?sort=6&o=185

I have everything I need to start the 1/350 version, but right know my heart is into the large Lunar Models kit. I'm not just building it... I am correcting everything wrong with it. Looking forward to sharing what I have so far. Look for the thread soon.

Tracy
Old 11-08-2013, 07:55 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Welcome back Tracy!

Damned beautiful and a lot of fun to do by the looks of it.

Looking forward to that Excelsior too.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

She's beautiful, Tracy. And, like Neb said, welcome back. We kept the lights on for ya!
Old 11-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

BTW, you don't need to post links here. Inline pictures are more than welcome.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:38 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

Not sure how to do that.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:19 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

On your photobucket pic, find and copy the text that looks like

(URL=http://s676.photo bucket.com/user/Tracy_Mann/media/Copernicus/5Topaft.jpg.html][/URL]

(Except instead of that first (, it'll have a [.

Paste it in your post and when you make your post, it'll look like

Old 11-12-2013, 07:53 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Incidentally, I LOVE that base!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:54 PM

Dave Tomita of Absolute Models rendered the bases graphics for me after I gave him images of the Copernicus' command logo. The "stop light" logo was designed by Star Trek: New Voyages executive producer James Cawley. Dave use to sell acrylic and wood display bases for sci-fi vessel subjects. Being a good friend of mine, he hooked me up with the last of his stock.

Tracy
Old 11-26-2013, 08:01 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar710 View Post
Dave Tomita of Absolute Models rendered the bases graphics for me after I gave him images of the Copernicus' command logo. The "stop light" logo was designed by Star Trek: New Voyages executive producer James Cawley. Dave use to sell acrylic and wood display bases for sci-fi vessel subjects. Being a good friend of mine, he hooked me up with the last of his stock.

Tracy
Bought a couple sets of his decals for the 1/1000 TOS kit----great stuff and fun to use.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 04-26-2017, 07:36 PM

Looks like I'm gonna start ramping up work on the 1/350 Copernicus. I now have a vacuum form table capable of making pulls for anything regarding this project.

I'll start a fresh thread for the larger project.

Tracy

Last edited by Vidar710; 04-26-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:41 PM

If you ever go to the original set tours formerly use by Star Trek New Voyages in Ticonderoga, N.Y., you’ll see this model on display there.

Glad to see it have a worthy home where it can be appreciated, because it just attracts dust in my hobby room.

Tracy
Old 10-26-2017, 07:35 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Cool! Visiting those sets is definitely on my to-do list!