Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-13-2014, 01:31 PM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: A VERY long or very short Falcon build...possibly

That would be great, if it is the case. Fingers, toes, and other appendages crossed!

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:57 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Well a little bit of news so to speak...
Got an email from DeAgostini, the gist of which is as follows:

Dear MR LAWRENCE,

Welcome to Build the Millennium Falcon!

We are writing to inform you that Build the Millennium Falcon will resume publication nationally on the 31st December 2014.

As a previous subscriber to Build the Millennium Falcon we would like to let you know personally of this great news! We have made some improvements to the products since you took out your subscription, which has involved in a change in the order in which the issues and model parts are published. As such, we will send you issues 1, 2, 3 and 4 again at no charge. We also agreed to send you a free issue 5 and so your first 5 issues will be free. Your subscription will then be charged from issue 6 onwards.

Subscription Information

*SNIP* blah blah etc. call us and we'll get you sorted

*SNIP* free gift waffle

- Delivery 1: free limited-edition T-Shirt
- Delivery 2: free Millennium Falcon binder
- Delivery 4: free limited-edition Han Solo figurine
- Last Delivery : free high-quality wall-mounted display stand

Any questions?

*SNIP* Link details and so on.

We’re sure you will enjoy collecting the Build the Millennium Falcon, and we’re delighted to welcome you on board as a subscriber.

DeAgostini Publishing UK Ltd

So it would appear to be going ahead. Exactly what changes and so on they have made, I know not but we shall see.

Which all makes it a bit, well sort of ironic in timing as I'd already gone out and bought this...

But seeing as this was going half price, £30 in UK beer tokens, it be no big deal.
Looks like I'll be up to me posterior in large size Falcon bits for the next couple of years.
Which is not a bad thing I should add

Later gang!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 12-18-2014, 04:53 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Here we GO!!!!

Can't wait!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:18 PM

Qrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of light

I was surprised to see they have finally updated their website with a 7 minute video talking to A guy formerly of Master Replicas who is helping with the details. They have also updated the parts. The gun turret is now like 6 parts instead of the two, and the upper gun circle is painted correctly.

http://www.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/
Old 12-20-2014, 06:44 AM

dtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud of

PM sent
Old 12-24-2014, 04:15 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

Ian, do you know if there's any way us 'Murrican types can get in on this coolness? The subscription Falcon, not the huge Walmart special Falcon. I will be watching to see if the price goes down on that one...I will have to get one, and start buying Tony's parts from Shapeways. That Spaniard will be the death of my wallet!

Old 12-24-2014, 05:13 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

No idea as yet Sam.
There is a rumour going about that DeAgostini is going to start it in the States early 2015 but I'm just repeating what I've read on other boards, so as far as I'm concerned there's nothing concrete to report on anywhere apart from what TPTB have told me direct.
Which is it's going to be issued in UK, Ireland and South Africa.

I'll be posting a first page for my Hasbro Hero Series Falcon 'Fart About With' in a little while.

Tony's parts are top notch stuff though I can't justify that sort of wallet hit meself. just doing my own thing with that big ole beast
Does that count?
Old 12-28-2014, 12:50 AM

Thanks, Ian. I will have to keep my bloodshot orbs peeled!

Old 01-03-2015, 06:13 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Always a good idea there Sam.

Well it's back, not got my issues through the post yet, I suspect that will happen at the end of the month or thereabouts.
During the mean time, the first new issue has popped up at my local news place so two got grabbed for various reasons, one of which is for the update page.

Page 3, Same waffle and new issue parts comparison.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipdeagofalcon3.html

Pics as usual!

New hull plating to the left, old issue to the right.

Yes, the old part is smaller. So no good for the build but bang on in size for the Hasbro Falcon, which is odd.

Quad lasers, new left and old right.

So overall, it's better and sharper detail work which is no bad thing.
More to come as time goes on and this will take a long time

Go easy out there all!
Does that count?
Old 01-03-2015, 08:09 AM

Kremin will become famous soon enoughKremin will become famous soon enough

Oh no I happened to be passing a local newsagent and 4 copies of issue 1 happened to end up in a bag on my arm while my wife was putting her purse away muttering to herself
Old 01-03-2015, 08:41 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Good comparison Ian----good reference.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-05-2015, 03:03 AM

clactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to behold

JUST when I'd managed to convince meself that this wasn't accurate enough to warrant the outlay I see this and somehow find that I've subscribed to a bloody partwork.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:17 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks George sah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremin View Post
Oh no I happened to be passing a local newsagent and 4 copies of issue 1 happened to end up in a bag on my arm while my wife was putting her purse away muttering to herself
Never happened to me, lacking one of those 'wife' things that I know a lot of folks have, but I've seen it from varying distances quite a bit over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clactonite View Post
JUST when I'd managed to convince meself that this wasn't accurate enough to warrant the outlay I see this and somehow find that I've subscribed to a bloody partwork.
Well as long as I don't get the full blame...or at least an invoice for therapy and/or relationship councillor sessions then it's all good

I can only hope that there are more people than just me putting up a build log of this monster but I can say with hand on heart, the hits on the relevant pages on my site just went through the fucking roof and kept going since I posted the amended page 3.

Whether that's good or bad will become clear as time goes on and of course if I make a truly five star, hands down solid gold fuck up of it or not may be a decider

Just have to see when the next issue shows up as to what else awaits me (and others) with this long term lunacy!
Go easy out there all.
Does that count?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:20 PM

dtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud of

Raytheon,
Thanks for the build update. I will be looking and watching for future updates.
Once this hits the US and I get my order in, I will also post a build log on our website.

My wife says awesome for one order. So now, I am trying to talk her into two orders. One in her name and one in mine. We shall see if she goes for it or not. I might be pushing it a bit too much. lol
Old 01-07-2015, 09:46 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Nice to see this is getting back on track!

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."

Last edited by Trekriffic; 01-07-2015 at 09:46 AM.