Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-14-2015, 09:44 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: A VERY long or very short Falcon build...possibly

And away with the second issue.

Part 2, Second Issue, Parts Looksee And a Hunch About What's To Come.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipdeagofalcon4.html

The magazine and parts.

New gun turret.

Cockpit dash and sticker.

Holographic game table.

I'm getting the feeling there may, and I stress MAY just be some greeblie fun ahead for this project and if my suspicions are correct, DeAgostini will be supplying them which will be neat twist.

Next update as soon as I get my grubby mitts on the next issue!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 01-14-2015, 10:43 AM

dtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud of
Default Re: A VERY long Falcon build and then some

Very nice update. I agree to your suspicions and hope they are correct.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:09 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Well the thing about extra detail parts is a go. Just singed up the buildthemillenniumfalcon.com forums and one post from DeAgostini themselves says that the extra detail part fitting will begin in issue 9.

Which will mean I was right about something for once, which never normally happens this early in the year...who knew

*EDIT*
Just got issue 3 so new update, page 5 and possibly problems for some folks ahead...
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipdeagofalcon5.html

Go easy out there all!
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 01-15-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:38 AM

cosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud of

Cant wait for them to re-launch in Germany. Thanks for the info Ian
Old 01-29-2015, 12:19 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

You're not alone there I suspect my friend!

OK then, issues 4 and 5 now here and some work done...not a lot though.

Page 6, Starting Parts Modification, Issue 4 and 5 look see.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipdeagofalcon6.html

Thread pics of course.
Original part before I tore in to it...

And after much slicing, chopping, chiselling, filing, sanding and a few small bits thrown at it. I'm doing a bit of a hybrid and shoving on some of the detail bits, or a close approximation to the 5 footer as that has some touches I like.

Much still to be done with that and the other bits but it's all on the update page.
Oh how I'll laugh about it when this is all done
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 01-29-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:08 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Much better. It "pops"....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-10-2015, 04:15 AM

Kremin will become famous soon enoughKremin will become famous soon enough

By the feel of what we have so far, with the metal sub frame this is going to be heavy
Old 02-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

I just sent an email asking whether the magazine will be available in Australia any time soon. Hopefully, what an opportunity to own a sudio scale Falcon and a lot cheaper than building one from scratch if you want the correct greeblies.

So, did they re-tool the whole kit then? Yikes.

Mike
Old 02-13-2015, 07:59 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Boo!

Dear Mike,

We are aware of this series being available in the UK, however we have not had instructions yet, from our Publishers, to say that we will be getting it here in Australia. Please keep an eye on our website and all of our launches will be clearly visible on this site, for your information.

Sue Customer Service Team BISSETT MAGAZINE SERVICE

_____________________________________ VISIT OUR WEBSITE www.bissettmags.com.au Bissett Magazine Service PO Box 3460 Nunawading VIC 3131 Phone (03) 9872 4000 Fax (03) 9873 4988
Old 04-09-2015, 01:44 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremin View Post
By the feel of what we have so far, with the metal sub frame this is going to be heavy
The blurb says it'll end up in the 11kg or 22lb and change area so no featherweight but if what I've read is to be believed, it's lighter than the MR one so make what one will of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
I just sent an email asking whether the magazine will be available in Australia any time soon. Hopefully, what an opportunity to own a sudio scale Falcon and a lot cheaper than building one from scratch if you want the correct greeblies.

So, did they re-tool the whole kit then? Yikes.

Mike
I hope it will be available at some point Mike old bean, seriously fella!
I don't think the whole thing got re-done. The first lot of parts in the issues last year were just the test ones to judge the possible popularity of such a thing. And popular it has proven to be

Well having a go at it now the Moonbus is sorted and to recharge my bloody mindedness tank before laying back in to the 44" Eagle again, working on an update proper but making a very slight change to the advertised program.

Still going to do mine as 'A New Hope' Falcon but since I've been getting two issues of each, one from subscription and one from the local shop, (initially for spares if anything went wrong) I thought, why not build two and have the second as a pretty much out of the box build of the ESB one.

Done some frame assembly and what not but sorting the cargo hall interior. Just using the supplied parts with paintwork where required
The straight build is coming together nicely...

And a sort of sneak peek at one part of the full on fuck about for the 'ANH' one

More later
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 04-09-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:08 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Sitting back, watching, observing, and enjoying.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:21 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Watching Ian's posts always feels good in a slightly "dirty" way.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:10 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhs View Post

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 04-11-2015, 03:22 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks fellas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Sitting back, watching, observing, and enjoying.
One always tries to inform and entertain Dave old friend, or at least try to share the pain around...either works.

Quote:
I will take that as a compliment Doug old bean and I thank ya

Well update pages now up.
Page 7 & 8, the revised build plan, OOB main hold done, start of full on hold build.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipdeagofalcon7.html

Thread pics of course!

OOB hold done and done.

The new hold wall part you have already seen.

And the new hold deck with home brew 3D printed parts.

Much more to come at a much later date.
Enjoy!
Does that count?
Old 04-18-2015, 10:27 AM

Qrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yup